Growing carnivorous plants

Hello! I am opening a new thread about carnivorous plants (CP) since another similar thread was last replied on 2007. So, is there anyone here growing CP? Besides Jianguo Flower Market, where can I buy CP? I avoid online buying, since the last CP I bought from shoppee, died right away T.T

I heard they’re actually incredibly difficult to keep alive. I haven’t seen very many of them in my life, but when I worked at Walmart they were selling venus fly traps. Those died really easily too, and you had to be careful what bugs you feed it, like if it eats a spider it dies, and stuff like tripping them too many times without it eating any bugs kills it too.

Indeed, they need special care. I have got a couple of different Nepenthes hybrids, they’re doing well and they’re so fun! I am planning to get some more :slight_smile: Anyway, is there any Walmart in Taiwan?

No, closest thing to Walmart would be the Carrefour hypermarket (not the small ones). They don’t really have a lawn and garden center either. You can try B&Q which does have a big lawn and garden center.

But yea, try the flower markets, actually if you go to Shilin area, Zhishan MRT station, get to Chende Rd and there’s a giant flower/plant market there.

This site is talking about one of the stores there that appears to have carnivorous plants.

If you’re thinking of using carnivorous plants to dispose of bodies, don’t. Pigs work better for this.

2 Likes

Wow, I will go there soon, thank you :slight_smile:
Hahaha no no, I don’t use CP for body disposal :joy: I am just a big fan of them :slight_smile: Btw are you a luthier? That’s so cool! Do you give any workshop? Sorry out of the topic haha

Yea I’m a luthier, but I’m closing the workshop because there’s about as much demand for guitars as ice in Canada.

That’s really cool :slight_smile: I will follow your FB page!

The market for dry ice in Canada is worth about US$140m. Adding wet ice, probably about a quarter of a billion USD. I always thought the local guitar market is a bit smaller than that.

1 Like

Yea, I was thinking the part of Northern Canada where it’s freezing year round and ice is everywhere. Nobody’s going to pay money for that.

1 Like