GSP v Bigg Rigg

Fight of the century? Maybe not, but damn close.

Normally, I’d have no doubts about GSP, never have since even before BJ Penn, but I wouldn’t wager on him this weekend.

Still, gotta go with my hometown boy.

Diaz and Condit could strike but not grapple with him. JH can grapple and if he gets inside and touches that fine glass jaw…hmmm.

GSP basically has said that he plans to “Not get hit” which means what? Run away?

Then let GSP move up and fight Vitor. :smiley:

[quote=“rodeo”]Diaz and Condit could strike but not grapple with him. JH can grapple and if he gets inside and touches that fine glass jaw…hmmm.

GSP basically has said that he plans to “Not get hit” which means what? Run away?

Then let GSP move up and fight Vitor. :smiley:[/quote]

Run away? Come on man. Are you letting your American pride get in the way of your fight knowledge? JH represents the biggest threat GSP has ever faced and could very well strip him of his belt. But he’ll have to take it from him and Georges won’t be giving it away lightly. If JH does land a clean shot, it’d knock most if not all dudes out. I wouldn’t call someone out for have a glass jaw based on that. He’d knock Chris Liebman out. The guy is one awesome force.

No, GSP plans on the slip and rip, imo. I think it goes the distance.

And if his awesome career pack video called BloodSport Karma still holds true, he’ll knock JH TFO. Have you ever seen that package? Friggin’ awesome stuff. It’s a series of 7 youtube videos. I took the liberty of getting you the link: youtube.com/results?search_ … karma&sm=1

The “K” in BSK mostly applies to his opponents mouthing off. JH hasn’t done that. But the press has. So we’ll see. Whatever happens, it’s gonna be epic.

No, not a pride thing at all. I give GSP he due. Slip and rip is nice but it doesn’t lend itself to exciting fights. Think GSP v Shields. If he wants to keep at a distance, then what? Yawn.That said the guy wins fights, again and again and again.

I’ve been watching the JH v Fitch and Kampman fights this weekend. He has a truly split second explosive move straight up the middle to deliver the goods. The fight with Condit is more like what I see the GSP fight being. However, I don’t think GSP takes shots to the head like CC can.

I purposely overestimate GSP these days because of the game he brings. He refuses to fight the other guy’s fight, and when he has to, he scrambles wildly. It could be a hurt him scramble finish thing in JH’s favor.

I’d like that.

Why should GSP fight the other guys fight ?

Exactly. Listening to him on PrimeTime, he is only worried about himself and not being the best he can be. His coach also tlks about training being 99% cerebral and 1% physical at this stage of the camp.

JH is a beast. This is GSP’s greatest challenge by far. I am pumped about his one. I am gonna watch it live at Eddy’s Cantina in TienMu. Start time is around 10AM. Eddy has plenty of room available and no purchase necessary if you want to join us.

That was awesome, thanks for the link. It’s gonna be a good fight, but aside from getting caught with something I don’t see GSP losing.

He shouldn’t. My comment was complimentary. :thumbsup:

very simple.
JH with the new version of the H BOMB.
GSP with a counter knee as JH always drop his head while launching his attack. he has a tendency of looking at the mat when he is trying to land multiple bigs shots.
So if GSP want to win, he’ll need a counter attack fighting style ( a bit like the dragon Machida), something unorthodox… a straight and clean knee in the counter ( with the risk of getting wrestled straight and getting finished on the mat).
And for JH, he will need only and only one shot ( like Nelson style + the grappling).

you can see all the weak points of JH with his fight against Kosheck while GSP kept him away with his jab.

tooo much talk, let’s wait and see it happen this Sunday morning :bow:

The diffeence between Hendo’s overhand right and JH’s left is that Hendo usually threw one at a time. JH throws multiple shots, in quick succession, while charging forward. I can see GSP putting the jab out there to stifle that, but a knee? I dunno. Once maybe. Twice and it’s a JH takedown.

So if JH can’t knock him out what are the odds GSP can finish? :laughing:

Come on! He can’t even finish that piece of cake! :laughing:

If JH connect once then it is game over. But GSP is very technical and strategic. I really can’t see GSP finishing him unless he stick the knee right in his face after 2 or 3 successful misses at the moment when JH drop his face and go for the takedown. And he’ll have one chance while Johnny will have so many opportunities to take his head off. The man is a BEAST

I watched JH v Cos last night. The GSP fight might be more like that. However, the pace was fast and pushed by both guys and I don’t see GSP pushing it more than testing JH repeatedly for weaknesses. JH landed some really heavy shots, and again, I am no fan of GSP’s chin. Cos has a thick head and good chin and took some really hard shots.

I watched the Anderson Silva v Weidman fight too.

All it takes is a clip to get things going.

This should be good. :thumbsup:

The rest of the card looks good too. Didn’t Rory Mac look like a pissed off Clark Kent at the presser? Ha. I’m rooting for Robbie Lawler to bash that guy but good. :popcorn:

Robbie is like wine… It took him years and now, finally, he is in his prime. He is looking horribly dangerous. Scary dude. :slight_smile:
While Rory, is a young, technical guy. The new generation of fighter. A couple more fights for him, then we know if it is the real deal. Patience.
Concerning the spider vs weidman… That what happen when you show no respect for ur opponent. I am a huge fan of Silva,ya but again he’s got only what he deserve.
The impressive lad of the moment is Belfort. ( I hate the lad)… Watched the live a couple of Sunday ago… He is becoming a beast again… The first one to knock out Hendo. That was insane. But again with all this testosterone therapy and bullshit, I can not give him all the credit ( Hendo is in the same stuff too ). We’ll see if if fight some days in Vegas, free of drugs but yeah, he is insane for the moment, KO after Kos :slight_smile:
Good to see that some guys like the UFC .
Never missed an UFC, FN, TUF since I arrived in taiwan ( waking up each Sunday at 8 and streaming all the good stuff… Might be crazy but I love this sh…t).
BTW, I watched a couple of days ago, Badr Hari vs Alexis Ignashov ( for the k1 fan) the dude is good but again, both of them went wrong and fu…Ed up their career. Badr have a crazy power
:sunglasses:

Good card so far. Rick Story looked great. Younger Pettis snot too shabby either. Let’s see what Cowboy can do.

Oh my god!

Tyron Woodley is hell in the first round. Wow!

Here we go!
And if you don’t have the ppv. :sunglasses: :thumbsup: :whistle:

GSP Rounds 1, 3 & 5. And you gotta definitively take the belt from a champ. If it is that close, tie goes to the champ. Now, I will say it wasn’t as close as JBJ and Gustafson, but I still agree with the decision in both fights.

I agree, I think people are making WAY too big of a deal here calling it the worst decision of 2013 etc. You can’t judge MMA fights by who’s face is more banged up, and you can’t judge it based on punches alone. I personally had GSP clearing winning rounds 3 & 5 and JH winning rounds 1, 2, and 4 for the win. However, round 1 was really close and it’s not hard to see how a judge could of scored it for GSP. Also like Toe Save says, he’s the champ and any tie rounds are going to go to GSP. All in all, it was a very close fight. I disagree with the decision, but I have no problem with how they judged it.

[spoiler]I’m going to watch it again tonight. But I feel the tie goes to the champ thing was on the judges’ minds. Oh, he’s setting up the jab. That’s what he does as he wins all his other fights, so, benefit of the doubt. I had JH taking 1,2 and 4.

And howzabout the fucking Robbie Lawler? I am not ashamed to say I was off my seat heart pounding when RM fell. :smiley:

The KosKO was the most brutal KO I’ve seen in a while. Vicious.[/spoiler]

Very solid card.

edit:

[spoiler]Upon further review of the fight, round 1 in particular, it seems astonishing that GSP won. Count the hard knees to GSP’s thigh that had his leg flying backwards, count the elbows to the side of the head, and the hard punches JH threw.

Gsp had a TD which resulted in a sub attempt, with a combined time of about 10 seconds. This is not negated by JH’s TD sure, but, at no time was JH in trouble. GSP threw some good knees, but nothing like the ones that JH returned.

It all comes down to RD1. I ask you all to watch that round again and count it up, fair and square and all.

JH 1, 2 & 4.

GSP 3 & 5

Just out of curiosity, was Machida v Shogun I fight in Las Vegas as well?[/spoiler]

OK, two days hence, no more spoilers.

That was a crap decision. No WAY did GSP win the first round. A failed choke submission is not greater than or equal to five hard elbows to the temple and thunderous knees to the thigh. GSP kicks were weak and meant to keep JH at a distance.

What a rip!

So, anyway… :laughing: …what’s the poop on GSP’s mental issues?

I’ve reviewed it, and just like my first viewing I gave rd 1 to JH, although it’s far from the lop sided round people are making it out to be. It’s not that unreasonable to give it to GSP. In an entertaining fight with no 10-8 rounds, it’s bound to be a 48-47 decision. I gave it to JH, but a GSP win is totally justifiable given he’s the long standing champ.

My bet on his “personal problems” is simply a cheating wife. I seriously doubt it’s health issues, and we know it’s not financial issues, so really what could it be? Problems with his camp wouldn’t make him depressed, it would just make him angry. It’s gotta be problems with a woman…