Guitars available for pre order

Fair enough.

I think a customer would want to know:

• The price to knock out the frets.

How long it would take to do the service, etc.

Good luck with the business, the wood bodies look good.

I never been asked, and itā€™s not really routine service, but the price would be the same as refret using standard fret wires. So that would be 7000 if itā€™s a bolt on neck electric guitar, and 9000 for non-removable neck guitars (including acoustic guitars), and +2000 if the fretboard has binding.

Note this would not include coating the fretboard with epoxy.

That sounds reasonable. Hope you find someoneā€¦

I forgot to add, the preorder deal is only valid before the guitar is finished. Once itā€™s finished, itā€™s no longer a preorder and so it wonā€™t come with pickups or a hard case.

My only concern about all this is, if I am shelling out 20-40,000 for a guitar, I would at least like to know what it would look like.

Even if it is an unfinished guitar, I canā€™t see what finishes would look like or are available. There are also not enough high-quality pictures on your Facebook page for reference.

The problem is not the price or lack of brand recognition yet, the problem is people canā€™t see what your finished products look like. Every single custom guitar you make, you should document from start to finish and share a nice looking post on your Facebook page at the very least.

2 Likes

I have more pictures on my personal facebook profileā€¦ and unfortunately migrating them isnā€™t something that is easily done. Iā€™ll be more diligent in the future about including pictures.

1 Like

To the people that have purchased a guitar from TL, maybe you could share photos of your guitar here.

@Taiwan_Luthiers, you can collect the testimonials some of your customers have written in this thread along with the photos that they share.

3 Likes

https://goo.gl/maps/sEALsFk49fJbreMD9

I canā€™t seem to put the images directly in here, but if you search in google maps you can see at least one finished guitar.

If youā€™re using a phone, download it to your phone and reupload it to forumosa.

Scraped from Google Maps. Image dated 2020-10-31.

4 Likes

Now, that is a nice looking guitar!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve sent them to you personally. You can also do a Facebook or a google scrape to post them. You can also take a photo of the guitars you work on and post them. You could also do a million other things.

I like you, and I love your work, and I want you to find success, but you seem to want to fail sometimes.

6 Likes

This is a Taiwan Acacia guitar I have just finished building and mailed off to the customer. The headstock name isnā€™t mine, I put it there at the request of the customer.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to stay out of this after this point, but jesus man, those kinds of pictures of the guitar in various states of completion with your tools and rags and shit all over the place are not attractive. This has been mentioned before by others.

Promote the guitar, not your state of clutter. And on that :musical_note:, Iā€™m out.

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind the most recent ones with a workbench in the background (that seems fairly reasonable to me)ā€¦but yeah, some of the previous photos in this and other threads seemed like they would be rather off-putting to potential customers. A guitar on an unmade bed, ridiculously dusty/dirty items looking like theyā€™d been fished out of a post-apocalyptic dumpster.

Maybe TL would be better off setting up a tidier corner free of clutter (and with decent lighting) for taking such photos.

3 Likes

I canā€™t do anything about past pictures, but Iā€™ll make sure to be more careful for future pictures. I have a corner with a christmas tree, perhaps Iā€™ll take them there.

2 Likes

Itā€™s August. You could perhaps take down the Christmas tree. :whistle:

2 Likes

I saw Halloween stuff at Costco a few weeks ago, he might as well start the Christmas marketing now

1 Like

Padauk guitar being worworked on

I like seeing them on the bench, FWIW. The finished-product shots could be a little more dressed up though.

1 Like