Gym in Jhonghe or Yonghe

hello forumosa! hello guys :smiley: first timer here hehehe

I was wondering if anyone knew any gym within Jhonghe or Yonghe. Im currently looking for a gym which is closer to where I live (near Yung-An Market MRT station) :slight_smile: but Iā€™m having no luck finding them :unamused: :smiley: so please let me know if you have any ideas :smiley:

ohoh alsoā€¦ Iā€™ve been reading about what people say about the gyms in Taiwan @_@ seems really forceful and rudeā€¦ >.< am all scared now :astonished:

hehehehe

:smiley: anyway Ima go read more posts ^^

bye!

The only gym I know of in JhongHe is in the Power Center. Thereā€™s a B&Q, Carrefour, 3C, Hola and some other stores there. I forgot the name of the gym, but it used to be an Alexander location before they went under. It was actually one of their nicer locations. It had a nice pool and spa and decent weight room. I have no idea what their rates or sales techniques are under the new management.

I used to live in Chungho, not far from FooHu bridge. I found it most convenient to just hop on over to Gonguan and go to Taipei gym which is far cheaper than the gym at B&Q albeit without fancy shmancy lighting and bathing facilities.

There is a small gym on one of the upper floors of the SOGO building in YungHe,the 5th or 6th I think.They also have a small pool.I used to go to Being Sport on RenAi Rd until it closed.It has reopened under a different name recently.It was a good size gym and had a big pool,decent sauna,steam room.It is a good way down RenAi Rd if you are coming from either direction,not far from SOGO.I have no idea of rates at either place.

oooh! the carefour one is called world gym, i went there and they asked me to leave details n then kept ringing me up -.-ā€¦ scary x( but i their equipments r not bad :slight_smile: only trouble is i live kinda far from there and mrt is my onlt form of transportation :blush:

i went to the sogo department store just the other day :smiley: but i didnā€™t see any gym in that building :slight_smile: guess iā€™ll have to go there again hehe

i live right beside yongan market mrt station, so maybe iā€™ll start looking outside of zhongheā€¦ i heard there is a youth sports center (used to be a public swimming pool) in taipei with good equipment and cheap rates :slight_smile: guess iā€™ll go check that out first

thank you for all the input :slight_smile: if there are more info :smiley: plz let me know :pray: :smiley: :pray: :pray:

The Carrefour one in XINDIAN is World Gym. Thatā€™s where I go. They only have 2 locations in Taipei; Xindian and Neihu.

The Power Center Carrefour in JhongHe is different.

The Carrefour one in XINDIAN is World Gym. Thatā€™s where I go. They only have 2 locations in Taipei; Xindian and Neihu.

The Power Center Carrefour in Zhonghe is different.[/quote]

oh yer itā€™s xindian xD maybe i saw you while i was looking around with my mum hehehe~

I was a member of that gym and i used to sit on the exercise bikes and watch old people get out of the pool then blow their nose and spit in it. :fume:

Use the pool at your own risk.

The Power Center Carrefour in Zhonghe is different.[/quote]

The gym at The Power Center is called Action Life (formerly Alexander)ā€¦itā€™s where Iā€™m working out right now. I pay NT$1200.00/mth which is a discounted rate for former Alexander memberā€™s onlyā€¦I think the going rate for newbies is about $3000.00+ā€¦not too sure thoughā€¦you need to go there and ask. Best of luck in your search!

There is one closer to you. If you go towards nightmarket. There is a 85 coffee shop near lehua nightmarket in little side street. Btween that and the 7-11 on the corner is a small gym. So if you go down MRT road, turn left by 24H fruit n veg place and left again by 7-11 and family mart corner. Keep an eye out for it on your right, as it is not immediately obvious. I never been there, as even after moving to Yonghe, I kept going back to gym in Nanshijao because owner had this Mr Miyagi thing going.

I know that gym, but Iā€™ve never gone inside. Just curious, do you know the rates for that place? The gym is on Baoping Rd., near the intersection with Yonghe Rd. Itā€™s actually closer to the Family Mart, which is on the same side of Baoping Rd. as the gym. The 7-11 is on the opposite side of the street. Iā€™d like to check it out sometime, but without any idea of the rates other people pay, I have no idea if Iā€™d be getting screwed or not with an overly high quoted price.

These small gyms are usually pretty cheap. I donā€™t know about that oneā€™s rates. But similar gyms in Nanshijao and Zhongzhen road, are between NT1500 to 2000 per month. Some offer a year membership for about NT10 000. A shitload cheaper than California Fitness, but without the pools and spas.

If you want to go a little further. A friend told me there is a big and cheap gym on the NTU campus. So you just have to go over Yong Fu bridge and you are there.

So the gym mentioned above (Action Life) is now closing at the end of the month. Since this thread has not been updated for a few years and things may have changed can any recommend me a new gym in the area. A few members of the gym I have spoken to have mentioned about going to World Gym near Global Mall which Iā€™m not too keen on.