H1N1 in Taiwan

^ Some extreme profits will be made from these placebo’s I mean drugs the Chinese have.

4000 people in a nation of 1.3 billion and non have died!!!

Thousands die every year in the US alone from normal flu…

Hmmm. My school had an H1N1 case today. I’m getting a trifle edgy. If I get that shit I will die. My internal organs are just not up to scratch. :pray:

But now they might have to close your school for a week or so giving you valuable drinking time. :smiley:

Well stop scratching them then.

But now they might have to close your school for a week or so giving you valuable drinking time. :smiley:[/quote]
But by then it may be too late. And you’re not allowed to drink and smoke in hospitals.

I fear it’s a little too late for that logic too.

But now they might have to close your school for a week or so giving you valuable drinking time. :smiley:[/quote]
But by then it may be too late. And you’re not allowed to drink and smoke in hospitals.

I fear it’s a little too late for that logic too.[/quote]

Wear a string of garlic around your neck…oh wait thats for vampires…um, eat a string of garlic…it’ll boost your immune system plus you’ll stink so much no one will come near you.

[quote=“the bear”]
But herein lies the crux of the issue. We live in a nation of hypochondriacs. So every time you get a headache, sore throat, sniffles, etc. etc. first reaction is; is this the big one? How will these hospitals cope in 2 months time when the latest rhino virus comes along and every one confuses a winter cold with the flu? A full blown cold is still unpleasant enough to have you fear for the worst. There could be literally hundreds of thousands of people flooding into emergency rooms on any given day. HR emails are already telling people with initial cold-like symptoms to stay home and monitor themselves. That’s cold-like symptoms which could only be hay fever or a bad hangover. Could be a fun coupla months.[/quote]

correct, it is the typical media hype.

1993, I went to India, pest was reported.
2003, I went back to Taiwan, SARS was reported. What did the socalled experts expect? And what happened in fact?
2009, now it is the H1N1 period.
2010, #$DERFCXF will be reported, 2000 bill people will die.
2020, HNHHBFTY^(_ will be reported, 3000 bill people will die.
The other world threatening disease like Ebola (Oh, everybody is bleeding to the dead.)

Maybe I died 10 befores but still don’t know it? Georg Romero is waiting for me?

Please have a look back to the reports about SARS 2003 - the same hype (Oh my god, everybody will die.) Some did it because they committed suicide.

Sorry for the persons who died - as every year (because of fly and other diseases not because of SARS oder H1N1). Is there any media hype, but H1N1 sounds so terrible.

Ah, now I remember a SARS anecdote.

Korean Kimchi was supposed to be THE reason why no fatalities were reported then.
Remind me, are there H1n1 fatalities in Korea? if so, the Kimchi legend can be burried. :noway:

Meanwhile, my company implemented a mandatory temperature check each morning before staff is allowed to get in the office.

Yeah, we have IR cameras staffed full time at the entrances looking for hot spots, alcohol sprayers for the hands (I’m the only person I’ve ever observed using those) and alcohol gel pump bottles inside the department areas (I’m the only person I’ve ever observed using those). Ten bucks says I’ll be the only one to get sick. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that 10 nts? I’ll take it.

Hiker, you forgot 2005 Bird flu.

What worried me is that we’ve had three of these things in the past decade. They seem to be coming out every 3 yeas or so.

Unless we stop factory farming it looks like it’s just a matter of time before we have a major global killer pandemic on our hands.

Cat sneeze, kangaroo cough, lizard fever and springbock flu are sure to come. And finally there will be armies of stiff-legged xiaojies sneezing and walking towards you… :astonished:

Prepare yourselfs! Armour your car! Get chainsaws ready!

And most importantly, learn to distinguish which of your teaching colleagues is really undead and who was only drinking hard last night…

Even without factory farming, it’s just a matter of time before we have a major global killer pandemic on our hands.

Just sayin’. :stuck_out_tongue:

China has already started vaccination. Wonder how that will affect us. Will the authorities here rush to catch up? Will any aftereffects reach us or people who go back and forth between both sides of the Stait? Will it make people ask for the vaccine here in large numbers or get it themselve sthere -so cheap!- and come back? Watch thsi space for teh next installment of…

[quote]China kicked off mass vaccinations for swine flu Monday in Beijing, making it apparently the first nation in the world to start innoculating its population against the virus.

The Asian giant has been at the forefront of international efforts to produce an A(H1N1) influenza vaccine, with at least five companies receiving government approval for the work. Officials however have warned demand will exceed supply.

The capital’s municipal health bureau announced Monday in a statement on its website that Beijing “took the lead in China in starting A(H1N1) flu vaccinations”.

Authorities kicked off the programme by immunising students due to take part in next week’s National Day celebrations, the statement said. Around 100,000 students are due to attend, according to recent state media reports.

“We believe that China is the first country in the world to start mass vaccinations for A(H1N1) flu,” Vivian Tan, spokeswoman for the World Health Organisation in China, told AFP.

The health ministry has said it plans to vaccinate 65 million people, or five percent of the country’s total population of 1.3 billion, before year’s end.

On Monday, China had recorded 13,262 cases of A(H1N1) flu, according to the latest information released on the health ministry’s website. No deaths have yet been reported.

[/quote]
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jnZjqbJ39in-UlGp4Z3wwcc2xKuQ

And of course, it is so admirable such an effort from a country with no recorded deaths from H1N1 so far. :smiling_imp:

The office girl comes to my desk to take my temperature everyday and she always says the same thing. “Don’t take off your pants.”

Maybe she thinks your forehead looks like a bum.

Maybe she thinks your forehead looks like a bum.[/quote]

My bum looks worryingly like your forehead.

Maybe she thinks your forehead looks like a bum.[/quote]
There’s only one way to get an accurate temperature reading, I think. If you’re going to use the infrared, why even bother?

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … ne-flu.htm

h1n1 claims mother and unborn child. she refused tamilflu.

So I am back. They released me from jail conditionally. I tried to get the flu by hanging around schools. The police came after I noticed a teacher was sneezing and coughing, looking terrible, and went over to lick her face.

It was clearly not assault but an attempt to get the infection and hopefully develop immunities. I need another lawyer, though. My last one quit when he found me licking the toilet seat.

/am joking.
//mostly.