HaHaHa America

Agreed. It isn’t exactly shock or something new. I was simply impressed with the illustration. Meh. To each his own.

agree with MK

its sad that the only people in the west that would watch it are people that should already know its message.

a bit like “supersize me”… anyone with half a brain and had been following research into fast food for the last 15 years knew the message already.

but, just my 2c.

On the other hand, you could say that the U.S. losing unskilled labor jobs to China is like the U.K. losing farming jobs to New Zealand. Times change, jobs change. A century ago most people in the developed world were farmers. 50 years ago, most people in the developed world were factory workers. Now, most people in the developed world work in either the service or information industries. Do millions of people in the West really envy a Chinese sweatshop worker spooling fiber optics cable for 50 cents an hour? They’re doing jobs that no one in the West wants to do. The Chinese factory laborers could be, for the most part, easily replaced by factory robots if need be…but aren’t yet, because as of now Chinese laborers are cheaper than robots. The only reason that China’s economy is booming is the cheap cost of labor and its abundant size. The instant that China’s workers become too rich and start demanding decent wages, that’s when the factories shut down and move to India, Africa, or wherever else is cheaper.

Exactly :bravo:

Or just inland in China. There really is a lot of labor when 300 million is just “rounding error.” Also not all of China’s economy is driven by factory labor. It’s more diversified than most think. Most heavy industries were in place since the 1950s; there is also a substantial hidden economy of service workers and small businesses because people don’t report certain types of income to cheat on taxes. It’s not just factories, although that accounts for most exports.

iht.com/articles/2005/12/20/ … chicon.php

and of those IT exports most are from taiwan companies based in china