Hair Color and Teaching

I’m planning to go to Taiwan in February to look for a teaching position at a language school. My hair is currently bright red/pink. I’m not sure if this will be acceptable if I’m looking to teach in Taiwan. Any thoughts? I’m thinking of making it more natural again.

Tell me about it. I’m balding and I can’t get a kindy gig for love or money.

I would hazard a guess that it would be best to lay off the dye during the recruitment process.

For best results, dye blond.

3 Likes

I think going natural will be fine… surely you don’t expect people to look down on your hair color if it is not already a less-than-desirable place to work, yes? Like in the United States, I believe there has to be a form of professionalism in the workplace (which I see you’re going for)

1 Like

She’s naturally blond, or at least a tad sandy.

Did you just assume her natural hair color?!?

4 Likes

I looked at her photo.

Actually, thinking about it, perhaps a blue rinse would help applying up north. Or a greener hue down south (southern Taiwan, not the nether regions)?

Yes, although I do currently teaching a public school here and it is accepted. So I wasn’t sure the correlation. But we are generally less professional in our dress code, etc, here too as well (which I have mixed feelings about myself!) ha. I think I will err on the side of caution and go back to natural.

1 Like

:joy:

Yeah no doubt that will do you good, and you could maybe go on and dye again! Good luck, mate.

I don’t want to sound like an old fart, but pink hair is not really compatible with being a professional in the workplace. Unless your profession is hairdresser or punk rocker.

Too late. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My friend says I’ve wanted to be old since I was in my early 20s. Blaming the decline of western society on the young is kind of fun tbh.