Haircuts in Taiwan

Its not located in Minsheng East Road.

Most of them are open. In the heat of L3 a month ago, I had to make a trip the department store and saw a few of them open. I later found out that the salon I frequent near Zhongshan MRT is also open. I am hearing you must keep your mask on at all times during the wash/cut though.

Also no walks ins; advance appointment needed.

Guy

Highly suspect then!!!

Thatā€™s the value added barbershop.

Is this thread to discuss how barbers and your haircuts are affected or not by Covid-19?

Itā€™s purpose was to distract from the arguments from the rest of the forum. But seems it was a great success.

The level of service for those $1000 haircuts in Taiwan is really something else compared to what youā€™d get for the same price in the UK, but the end result is just the same as it is in the $100 places so Iā€™d just stick with that. I think people tend to overstate the supposed ā€œlow living costsā€ in Taipei, but good-quality haircuts there are really very cheap.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the ā€˜dead possum smacked on your headā€™ haircut.

No, itā€™s the ā€˜supplemental massageā€™ place, free tea.

The lady I go to for my NT$100 haircut is an expert stylist who used to run a chain of salons. Now that sheā€™s semi-retired she just does it for fun and a little social interaction. The CP值 is off the charts.

But doesnā€™t it have a barber pole? Weā€™vegot one for five right around the corner.
Thereā€™s the barber pole, the frosted windows where the only thing you can make out is a barber chair. We even have neon lights and butterflies.
The barbershop is the official business and the supplemental massages with extra release, I mean relief, are the added value at least thatā€™s what I thought.

Arenā€™t the ā€œsupplemental massageā€ shops advertised a little differently? More neon, no barber pole?

Nice find. I think I am lucky to find the guys who have cut my hairā€¦I would not put them in excellent category but key point is they almost always will pay attention to what I tell them. Not complicated reallyā€¦but at one ā€œfancyā€ place I went to a long time ago I came out thinking why pay so much to have some new style imposed on me?

When in Singapore I started using the big sister of one of the girls in my department. She was good so I was just willing to fork up more money. However, she moved to another higher end shop which was more costlyā€¦and then onto one of the most expensive shops in Singapore. I went one time. I was sitting in the chair for over an hour but only took her less than 10 minutes to cut my hair. She kept apologizing but said the salonā€™s style was to have her cut a little then move on and then come backā€¦people were there for the ā€œexperience/atmosphere.ā€ I used to skip the long hair washing anywayā€¦so I definitely did not want to prolong my time in the shop. So I switched to a barbershop attached to a hotel. Much cheaper and I have always fit into the atmosphere of old farts chatting away in the barbershop.

It was a wet mohawk, but the other night I experimented with clippers and downgraded to a faux-hawk

My son came home somewhat pissed off. Another bad haircutā€¦it seems to be hit and miss.
He mutteredā€¦ " The only legal form of gambling in Taiwan is going for a haircut".
:laughing:

Please, donā€™t let him drive

Why is noone helping this poor man? Actually, I am curious too.

He lost interest in that real fast after quickly realizing nobody follows the rules he thought everyone would do as per the driving test

1 Like