Halal Indian/Pakistani Food in Kaohsiung(NOW CLOSED)

Anybody who lives in Kaohsiung knows there’s a definite lack of decent Indian/Pakistani food. However there is a very good, but little known, halal place up north across from Veteran’s Hospital on 5 Rong Zong Rd.

My personal favourites are their chicken and beef rolls (with cheese) but they also have great samosas, naan bread, paratha, and more curries than you shake a stick at. Rolls start around $60 NT, curries at about $90 NT, and main courses at around $200 NT.

The owner, Hussain, is usually open from 10 am until 9 or 9:30 pm. You can also call ahead at 0925112426 or (07) 310-7685 to have your food ready for pickup.

[color=#BF0000]
MODERATOR’S NOTE: THIS PLACE IS NO LONGER TRADING
[/color]

This restaurant is already closed,now there is an Indonesian restaurant.

Wow… I feel shame for not checking this website more often, since the above post about the restaurant being closed was completely false (at the time it was made). That restaurant remained open for many months after that poster erroneously claimed it was closed but he did move, just last month, into Fengshan.

I really hope that renju didn’t cost that great fellow any customers.

My post about restaurant being closed is absolutely true,because I live around that area.By the way thank you for telling us that they moved into Fengshan cuz I like their food.

renju, I don’t care where you live because I went to that restaurant at least twice a week up until the end of April - many months past the time when you said it was gone. Obviously you are mistaken and/or had the location mistaken and/or mistakenly believed that they were serving Indonesian food instead of Pakisani/Indian food. Maybe you went there when the guy’s Taiwanese wife was working and you assumed she was Indonesian?

The only other option would be that I was delusionally eating Pakistani food and having imaginary conversations with the proprieter, Hussein, all through the winter and spring. It would have to also mean that my wife and friends, who had all eaten there as well, are either equally as crazy, or also products of my imagination. I may be slowly going crazy living on this rock, but I ain’t that far gone yet.

Eros, now I’m going to be crazy,its written on their sign board “INDONESIAN RESTAURANT”.I even called Hussain, he said its indonesian restaurant but he sells pakistani food.

eros,we don’t need to be crazy, we both are right,another pakistani guy again open the restaurant from april at the same place,before that the restaurant was closed almost one year.i went there,ate samosa and drink indian milk tea, even told him about our discussion in this forum.happy holidays.peace

What the heck is your motive, renju? Now you’ve gone beyond what I may have been able to dismiss as a simple mistake on your part to downright lying. What, do you operate a similar restaurant and was jealous of this guy’s business? Or you just didn’t like him and tried to ruin his business by telling people it was closed?

You say that a new guy has moved in since April but that it was closed for a year before that, huh? WRONG. It’s been closed SINCE the end of April, is still closed now, and it WAS open before that, not closed as you claim.

Indonesian sign, you say? Well this is the same sign that was always up, and is still up, as I just took a picture of it a couple of hours ago. It’s a little dark, but notice that below the sign everything inside has been torn out which makes the conversation you reported to have had totally impossible (because the place is clearly not open under new management).

I really don’t get what your deal is, and I think it’s stupid that I’m arguing about a restaurant that is now closed, but I really resent that you likely cost this guy customers by posting something that was untrue. Hussein asked me if I knew of any way to let foreigners know about his business because he was having trouble attracting customers since he was located in a place that many foreigners wouldn’t know about. Because his food was really great, and because he was too, I agreed and posted on here and on the Yahoo! group kaohsiung_living. That’s my motive. Why would I lie? It’s pretty easy to guess why you might though. Who knows? Maybe if you hadn’t started lying about the restaurant being closed maybe he would STILL be open there and not have moved his place to Fengshan.

Your kind of misleading, indeed malicious, input is exactly what’s NOT needed on these forums.

So, open or closed? I’m almost confused as you guys seem to be.

In any case, perhaps Eros can add the guy’s new address and phone number, as well as any new dishes, special items, etc., which I’ll edit into the original post, saving people the need to scroll through your handbag fight.

[quote=“sandman”]So, open or closed? I’m almost confused as you guys seem to be.

In any case, perhaps Eros can add the guy’s new address and phone number[/quote]

I’m not confused - the place isn’t open in Kaohsiung now. He told me was moving the restaurant to Fengshan but I didn’t ask him for the address since I never go out that way. I wish I could be of more help.

[quote=“Eros”][quote=“sandman”]So, open or closed? I’m almost confused as you guys seem to be.

In any case, perhaps Eros can add the guy’s new address and phone number[/quote]

I’m not confused - the place isn’t open in Kaohsiung now. He told me was moving the restaurant to Fengshan but I didn’t ask him for the address since I never go out that way. I wish I could be of more help.[/quote]

Uhhh… So, is this place in Fongshan now, or not? Any leads?

Thanks,