Hamburger buns (burger rolls)

In the Costco thread, Mawvellous asked:

I asked my local baker once, long ago, and he said anytime I wanted some just to tell him a day in advance. You could try that. Maybe call to ask Florida Bakery? :idunno:

I don’t know whether they are decent or not never having had them but Wellmans in Tianmu sells them.

I’ve seen them from time to time in the blue supermarket whose name I can never remember (blue logo with red/white diamondy thing). Seems to be an as-and-when kinda thing, but they are “real” burger buns, pre-sliced.

And probably the same taste as the local toast … and sweet …

Seen them in Carrefour and a local food shop (aimed at catering) here in Fongshan. So I’m guessing Carrefour must stock nationwide.

Funnily enough, that was my first thought when I saw them. But they’re not. They’re as close to “normal” burger buns as you’re likely to get (i.e., not sweet). I must say, I haven’t seen them lately, unfortunately.

Funnily enough, that was my first thought when I saw them. But they’re not. They’re as close to “normal” burger buns as you’re likely to get (i.e., not sweet). I must say, I haven’t seen them lately, unfortunately.[/quote]

I just mention this because a few days ago I had a ‘chicken thigh burger’ at 7-11 … totally sweet, not even a pickle … all sweet (bun, meat, sauce) … disgusting …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]
I just mention this because a few days ago I had a ‘chicken thigh burger’ at 7-11 … totally sweet, not even a pickle … all sweet (bun, meat, sauce) … disgusting …[/quote]

That was brave of you! I wouldn’t dare eat their zombie chicken! KFC is as low as I can sink with chicken.

Yeah … I was wondering why anyone would voluntarily eat one of those. I thought they were just for display. I can only assume he was very very drunk at the time.

I think you are describing PXMart or Zhuenlien Fuli Zhongxin (as per Icon’s so called attempts at pinyin). Yep, they have individually packed hamburger buns and those are quite acceptable, IMHO. 5nts each, no weird aftertaste, not too soft, not too spongy, just right. Can hold heavy ingredients -used them for turkey burgers- and sauce.

So I need some burger buns in bulk for a BBQ I will be having this weekend. Probably need a couple dozen of 'em. I think the super market described (The blue one) is I-Mart. There is one by my house by they only seem to have them occassionally and only about 5 at the most at a time. I tried Carrefour and nothing! Would this be available at Costco? Please advise, and please help save my weekend BBQ! Thanks in advance.

I discovered some in large quantities at the Carrefour near Nangang Station. I went to the Carrefour near Songshan station and they did not have them. Strange.

Carrefour’s selection is widely variable from branch to branch. From a Western perspective, the best is probably the Tianmu branch, near Zhishan MRT station, but I’m not sure if they have hamburger buns.

i don’t see it on their website but this place might help. they sell tortillas so they have some knowledge of western food
bread.com.tw/en/shop/catering

also try pnpfoods. go search their website for the items they sell.

pnpfood.com/

the links on the right side are excel spreadsheets with their inventory. i didn’t see buns but double check me on that.