Happy Fourth of July!

My 4th sucked as usual here. Torrential rain, lukewarm lunch of congee and eggs, no fireworks, no barbecue… so pretty much same as last year and the year before.

Happy Independence Day!
I went to Baba Kevin’s yesterday for some BBQ. Tasty!

4 Likes

I’ll bet that would be even more awesome with valium!

I didn’t realize America could claim this but wth…

Cool whip?

1 Like

Why are expats so often massively patriotic? I mean, more so than most people who don’t leave their countries?

My limey mate has one topic of conversation - Brexit. He turns every topic of conversation into Brexit. He’s been living in Taiwan for 20 years and hasn’t been back on holiday in the UK for over 5.

Is it a guilt thing?

1 Like

I cry whenever I hear a Crowded House song…

1 Like

Did they have more than one song tho?

1 Like

How dare you…

1 Like

Mainly because I enjoy the butthurt from people who think that supporting your country (of origin or where you currently live) is a bad thing because “mah nationalism” and that sort of nonsense.

1 Like

I always thought you were from Mauritania.

Maybe we appreciate our home countries more after moving abroad? No place is perfect but most places have something awesome to appreciate. I definitely see things differently after living outside my country - good and bad.

3 Likes

*check wikipedia…

“Mauritania, officially the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, is a country in Northwest Africa”

What the…how…

1 Like

I swear it’s not just the meds talking I cry every time I hear something about you by Level 42.

Since we’re on the topic of American greatness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwt2dxx9yg

Let’s not forget the boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBuZGiisGvs

3 Likes

Man, now I feel bad for hanging up on all calls I kept getting last month.

What was the marketing spiel Crowded House used to use? Something along the lines of you know all their songs just didn’t know they sang them?

A good list other than this one.

1 Like

I’ll edit that. You’re right.

Well, she’s a naturalized American. I just think her books are boring. :sunglasses:

Yes, agree. I"ll note that in the edit.