Happy Hannukah, Christmas and whatever I left out

Forgive me, this time of year is my one weakness. I hope everyone out there has a great time with their loved ones, friends, television, or bottle of whiskey. I send this little message out in the hope that everyone will get off their asses and do something over the next few days. If you get drunk, get extra drunk. If you don’t know anybody, meet somebody. If you have friends appreciate them. Call up the relative you hate. Reconcile. There is nothing special about this time of year, but why not take a time of year and make it special for no good reason at all. Anyhow, thanks to all of you out there that contribute to this board, thanks to Gus and Christine for starting it, and special thanks to all you guests and lurkers. I wish you all the best.

ok, got it. get really drunk, go out in the streets and talk to people you don’t know, then pick up the phone and start calling people you don’t like.

sounds good, i’m on it. who’s with me?

I’m not even sober yet and I can’t believe I wrote that. Oh well, whayagonna do? I feel like I’m taking over after Dear Abby. In my defense, even though I used, “Reconcile” as a sentence, I still strongly advocated drink for what ails you and I ain’t no hypocrite. Anyway, what’s wrong with drinking, meeting strangers and talking to people you hate? I thought that’s what everyone did on weekends?

You’re drunk? Surprising lucid prose. Bravo. Will you drive on the next Boys’ Night?

Thank you chainsmoker. And a merry crimble to you too. The entire global Irish dispora has this evening descended on my local pub, and I shall be joining them shortly. No doubt we will reminisce (schpelling?) about the Good Old Days and down many a Guinness and then all pop off back to whichever corner of the globe is now home. The Festive Season has begun. This will be my last at “home” for some time, I feel, and I intend to make the best of it. Merry Christmas to you all. Apologies in advance for the anticipated rapid and further deterioration in the quality of my future posts as Arthur Guinness takes over the reins at Hexuan HQ. M. Remy Martin is putting up a sterling effort in the rear, and Sr. Cohiba will be arriving shortly. Msrs. Dow and Graham are behind schedule, and a trip South of the border will have to be made tomorrow to ensure their safe passage through customs. (An unmanned portakabin on the road to Ballyshannon)

You forgot Kwanzaa, which is like a Negro version of Hannukah. Ho ho ho!

I’m sure over the next few days I’ll be taking your advice and finishing that lonely bottle of whiskey under the sink. If only I could make rum and egg-nog. Yumm.

I am not sure if it is as appropriate to say in Taiwan as it was in Canada but Happy Holidays!

http://www.indepthinfo.com/eggnog/recipesb.shtml

http://www.indepthinfo.com/eggnog/recipesa.shtml

http://tgcmagazine.com/recipes/html/296.shtml

Hundreds more if you do a quick google. But good god, man, it sounds absolutely DISGUSTING!

well sandman, what do you cut your christmas rum with??? hongcha? doujiang?

well sandman, what do you cut your christmas rum with??? hongcha? doujiang?[/quote]

Well, my old Auntie Minna used to like a glass of some foul Dutch brew called advocaat, which I think is probably a bit like eggnog. Actually, eggnog sounds like it might be good poured over christmas pud – from the recipes there, it sounds exactly like custard.

As for me, I have a bottle of Dom Perignon in the fridge and a bottle of The Balvenie 21-year-old port wood finish single malt waiting for me across the road in the Drinks shop. Neither of those need to be cut with anything at all.

And if that doesn’t do the trick, my friend’s coming over from Europe this afternoon, bringing me a bottle of real absinthe. I’ll cut that with a little sugar.

Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. Monkbucket!

I don’t know about egg nog found elsewhere but I was rather uncouth and would buy it by the litre from the local 7-11. It was sweet, creamy, and after a few litres mixed with rum would the next day produce the most marvelous hangover.

Merry Xmas everyone, and I just hope McDonald’s is offering a special festive McTurkey Sandwich for all of us who have to go to work tomorrow. I do hope nobody sent Grinch Shui-bian a Christmas card this year.

Beery Chrishmash everyone

Merry Christmas!
Just finished opening presents and now have enough chocolate and cookies to last for the next 15 years.

Good morning and Season’s Greetings to all. It’s onlly 3:40 PM Christmas eve here, so I still have a few hours to go before I can unwrap my kids’ PS2 and start playing with it. Hmm. Maybe I’ll go ahead and set it up for them tonight, just to be thoughtful…

Wishing that we all generate good karma this holiday season. :stuck_out_tongue:
I gave all my karma points away for Christmas this year! :wink:

Add water unless you want to go crazy. Absinthe is a bit more narchotic than regular booze, and is currently illegal in for instance France. (But thank God legal in Denmark)