Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day to Malawians

1 Like

Happy independence day! Time for some drinks to celebrate!

Happy July 9th!

Independence day of Republic of South Sudan.

2 Likes

We forgot the Comoros and the Solomon Islands! :doh:

Next up, Argentina.

1 Like

Happy independence day! Bring out the champagne… err… sparkling wine… I guess a beer will do!

1 Like

It is still July 10 in the Bahamas?

Happy Independence day!

1 Like

Happy July 12th, people from Kiribati!

1 Like

Happy national day! And just in time for happy hour!

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot São Tomé and Príncipe. If anyone is from there, belated happy July 12th!

2 Likes

If any countries gained independence between July 12th and now,

Happy Independence Day!

Sorry, I’m too lazy to check the list now.

And, Happy Hour, @rooftopclown

1 Like

Happy Independence Day to all those random countries and to Texas!

This calls for a round of Mint Juleps. Bring out the glasses!

1 Like

The UK will never be on this list. It has no independence day or national day. :wink:

And probably never will :cry:from the EU

Oooh i certainly hope the UK stays.

How are China, Japan, France and Germany? Did France and Germany gain independence from Roman Empire? Was China independent from Mongolian Empire? Was Japan independent from US occupation? Thailand doesn’t have independence day too.

China, Japan, France and Germany don’t have independence days. Those countries were formed through establishment, unification or revolution.

Same with Canada. Canada doesn’t have an independence day either. And Taiwan.

Confederation was a kind of independence. :yin_yang:

But it’s not the same. Canada never declared independence from the UK. Parliament slowly let go of power over the resulting decades, relinquishing final legal powers in 1982. The Sovereign is still the head of state. It’s more considered a unification-type event.

Blue are states that have made formal declarations of independence.

1 Like

How about Taiwan? :howyoudoin:

Double 10 still celebrates the revolution against the Chinese monarchy in 1911 :wink:
Let’s declare independence from the Republic of China and we can turn this good ol’ island blue…on the map…NOT THAT Blue! Get your head outta the gutter.