Happy Lunar New Year 2024

I Just won 5k on a new year lottery scratcher. :banana:

15 Likes

The next round is on you.

2 Likes

When I get my next beer, I’ll get yours.

4 Likes

We need to get you drinking again then.

Good luck with that. It is also my 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow. We had a cake and took pictures.

Oh, you’re so skinny now, they said.

Well, I’m 56. I run everyday and don’t drink alcohol. Everyone else there my age looked, well, bloated.

If I drank, I’d have to tell them and not you. :zipper_mouth_face:

7 Likes

Nice! How much did you spend? I got $200 ones, will see tomorrow night at dinner as one for each, and scratch them together for fun.

Enjoy your meal, we went out to festival market get outside food, as it will home food tomorrow

5 Likes

Congratulations!
I just celebrated 10th last week.
25th is such an achievement!

1 Like

Nada. My sister in law gives them out. It was a 2k scratcher. One of the big ones. Apparently, she got a six months bonus from EVA and splurged.

Thanks!

Noice!

I think we worked through that one. Not even a scratch of a memory on the brain plate.

I’m trying to take it in but the thoughts are playing like a Lennon/McCartney song.

It’s been great/ could’ve been way worse.

1 Like

Not such a Happy CNY in Singapore - they only get 3 days off (10, 11 and 12) and the 12th is only because of the weekend.

It’s ok. They make up for it by having days off on Christmas and Eid.

Doesnt feel like CNY. Maybe the wet weather is the problem. Get the feeling people dont give a shit.

1 Like

Oh idk about that. Everyone around my neighborhood is walking out their trash in red bags and it looks like they’re all out Christmas shopping. :laughing:

1 Like

Huh. I’ve sort of got the opposite sentiment: “Yup, miserable weather and sort of depressing, definitely feels like CNY.”

But hey, the in-laws have told us not to bother visiting today, and instead visit when the weather improves in a few days. I consider that good news!

4 Likes

Got some lotto tickets, after morning temple visit. 4 x $200, got $300 (have some at home for the holiday dinner tonight)

saw you posted somewhere else about peanut, got boiled peanuts near the lotto place, also eat it in Japan, USA South and Hawaii.

[Boiled peanuts - Wikipedia](

3 Likes

Wet weather? Looks fine to me. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Taipei is Taiwan

4 Likes

Yum yum! That looks a lot like the Atayal food (steamed millet in bamboo) found in northern Taiwan.

If you are in northern Taiwan now, I am very sorry about that given the weather here. :joy:

Guy

1 Like

That pretty much captures my feelings about this time of year in the north of the island.

On the plus side, however, there are less Taipei people on the streets now, helping to calm this city down. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

3 Likes

Yes, though forecast is for things to improve from tomorrow. Been cold and dismal today though.

Happy New Year to all.

5 Likes