今天是國際漢堡日 Happy National Ham burger Day (28/5)

If you can get a nice HamBurger on the 28th!

1 Like

National? International? Which is it? :thinking:

I got wrong day, its 28/5

1 Like

Ah, so it is National Hamburger Day, and the nation is the U.S. So maybe not that applicable in Taiwan? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I guess this is in the long American tradition of things like the “World” Series. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

a hamburger consists of a patty of ground beef that has been pan-fried, barbecued, or flame broiled, and it is served in a bun

i learned something.

So, what’s a hotdog?

I read a story a long time ago about a man from Hamburg who went to some island and was eaten by the cannibal tribes there. I guess they love that Hamburger.

You’re on a roll today.

1 Like

Hamburgers are actually better on rolls. :sweat_smile:

That’s sorted out tonight’s dinner. I’ll cook burgers. Excellent!

Assuming I can score some decent buns.

The small Carrefour will sometimes have 6 pack of hamburger buns for 46nt.

1 Like

They’re a bit on the sweet side, but it is an option.

1 Like

Well beggars can’t be choosers… Or you can try making your own.

2 Likes

So did you make your own? Was that cheaper than say the breakfast shop

Soggy once the patties and salad go on, even after toasting well.

PX mart typically has single packs of hamburger buns, even in small shops. But yeah, also sweet unfortunately…

Yea I get that they are too sweet or too light… but that’s the type of buns they have in Taiwan. Otherwise Costco has large packs of buns but then they become stale relatively fast.

While you can try to make your own bun breadmaking isn’t exactly easy unless you have a breadmaker, and even then they don’t make hamburger buns, just breads.

1 Like

I normally freeze those buns… would that maybe be a solution for keeping those from getting stale?