Happy new year! 🎊

Going to bed soon. Have a good one!

We are going to watch fireworks at the city event at the Dream Mall (KHH)

Now, japanese traditional New years eve noodles

Happy New Year!

Remember to go to the washroom before fireworks, don’t want to bring all the shit from 2025 into 2026 :wink:

Like watching the tv the different cities in taiwan and you can flip through all the time zones.

Can see 101 from balcony but almost better watching TV..

Last time was at Babylon ATT4 Fun.

Isn’t it a form of continuity? A triple coiler for New Years?:clown_face:

And that is how odd traditions originate :joy:

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year. At home drinking Ardbeg 10 and listening to Zeppelin with family.

Happy New Year!

Here in the US there’ll be hoppin’ John for lunch tomorrow.

:sparkler: :firecracker: :fireworks:

Ringing in the New Year with shitty shitty weather here in Taipei. Things can only get better from here, right? Right!?!?

What’s traditional about it?

Looks like the meal I’d make on New Year’s Day when I’ve forgotten all of the shops are closed and I have no food except a very out-of-date packet of soba noodles at the back of the cupboard.

That’s how traditions are born, right?

Happy New Year.

and there are several traditions that long soba noodles symbolize a long life.[2] The buckwheat plant can survive severe weather during its growth period, and so soba represents strength and resilience.

Lots of people out last night, here near the Dream Mall at midnight

This morning, Culture (CKS) park, flag in morning tradition (did not wake up early at sunset for the main event)

Wife went to bed at 23:00.
I stayed up with the dogs to watch the countdown on TV.

It was yet another awful New Year’s program countdown and I probably won’t ever watch one again in the future.

Why?

Because the fucking hosts can never shut their fucking mouths during the fireworks and music show. Constant chattering and ooohs and ahhhs and woos! Why can’t they simply shut the fuck up and let us enjoy the show and music? This year was especially egregious as TVBS had two ladies on split screen in the studio chattering away about nothing whilst the countdown took place. It finally reached 4 seconds to go when they finally took them away and went full screen to the Taipei 101 area. But, then the constant chattering from the location hosts were in full swing for yet another year. No more for me.

In the morning my wife asked how it went and I told her and she simply side-eyed me and said, “活該!”. She’s not wrong. The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions, but expecting different outcomes. Taiwanese New Year hosts will NEVER shut the fuck up.

Happy New Year everyone…and stay off my lawn!

You finally figured it out. Those shows are the enemy of all brain cells. I flipped to the CNN show in Bangkok for a few seconds, and it was even worse…basically an embedded ad for labubu dolls. I didn’t think TVBS could be topped, but I was wrong. :sweat_smile:

Happy new year!

May your 2026 be better than 2025 and worse than 2027!