Has anybody ever heard of a building called 和益金銀大樓?

Just wondering why all of a sudden so many units in that building are for sale.

Looking at some news of that area, lot of problems with gangster, drugs, and prostitution. Also it’s close to the Jin Xin Building, allegedly a haunted place… [27 deaths in 35 years or sth]

the building itself right?

One of several buildings in that neighborhood where suicides have happened. Some people avoid these buildings cause they fear ghosts roaming about, others try to get cheap bargains buying haunted-building apartments.

Apparently a hooker was murdered in that bulding in 2021.

call me superstitious, but I have beeen inside a haunted factory and the atmosphere was just so uncomfortable. There were so many dark spots even though it was a very sunny day.

I lived in that area for a handful of years, never in that particular building, but in two different places on side streets quite nearby. I would strongly recommend against renting or buying in that building or on that particular block. That block is definitely the main focus of the “activity” in that section of Linsen, there are quite a few working women and wanna-be gangsters (and real gangsters) there at all hours of the day and night. There was also a grenade incident just a few doors down from that building at a large jiudian. I never had any trouble at all living there, but I believe a fair percent of Taiwanese women would not feel comfortable spending much time there.

On the plus side, there is a spacious and generally well-stocked supermarket next to that jiudian, and a 24-hour McDonalds next to that, which can be extremely entertaining late at night. And the side streets nearby are honestly fine, at least for renting. they can be noisy, but anywhere in Taiwan can. And from my experience, when browsing on 591 in that area, you can expect to find a decent selection of okay quality for acceptable prices and a comparative willingness to accept foreigners, perhaps due to many Taiwanese lack of desire to live there.

As for gentrification of Linsen, I would say it varies. The combat zone has a few nicer places now, and there are plenty of good cafes and restaurants on various stretches of Linsen (though there always were), but I would say that that particular section (Linsen between Changchun and Minquan) is still mostly older housing stock. There are some newer or renovated apartments nearby, but those also seem to be fewer ping than average for Taipei, often fully-furnished, and tacky even by Taiwan standards, which leads me to believe that a certain share of the market for those places are the jiudian xiaojie working nearby. (for example, the 阿曼之星, which used to have a bunch of places like that on 591, not sure what it’s like now).

Though I think there are good values to be found on the side streets in the slightly older buildings.

2 Likes

I actually did have a language student there in my early days in Taiwan (mid nineties), a lady who wanted to learn some German to be able to go on trips to Germany for buying clothes for her boutique. So I did go to her apartment once a week to teach her some German. Nice lady, but her apartment was definitely set up for business. All red and pink, lot of velvet, ceiling mirrors and what not. In the end she asked me to go with her on a business trip to Munich to help her with translations. Unfortunately had to decline because of other comitments. My only Linsen N. Rd. experience, apart from trips to the Combat Zone.

2 Likes

What part of orange line do you not understand?

I already know that Zhongshan Rd. MRT station exists

Zhongshan Elementary School actually. I said there should be a Nanjing Linsen station on the Green Line, if that wasn’t clear.

1 Like

Zhongshan Elementary School.

How many Zhongshan stations are there? Super confusing.

Three. There’s now three. What genius came up with those?

yes that’s what I meant

I find all the school name stations in Sanchong rather confusing, also the Songjiang Nanjing and Nanjing Fuxing pair.

Back on topic:

Below is a Google translation (some really funny bits…) of this evaluation of that building:
https://tp105.com/archives/11152/和益金銀大樓看房筆記中山區台北市

Home Inspection Notes of Heyi Gold and Silver Building|Zhongshan District|Taipei
23 April, 2021 Author: Wu Champion

Impressions: Both good and bad conditions are pulled to extreme values.

One of the most worthy investment and rental buildings in Zhongshan District. Compared with Chunhui New World, Jinxin Building, Dongguang Department Store. Although there are also suites with simple environments around Linsen North Road, I think these buildings are much better than those with simple environments.

Although there are problems of haunted houses and hotels (), the return on investment has always been high because of the support of the local hotel industry to support the occupancy rate. No complaints about occupancy in this building. Because the price is reasonable, it will be rented out quickly.

**The Heyi Gold and Silver Building belongs to the first-level war zone of the table hotel on Linsen North Road, and there is a hotel underneath. Smells like cigarettes, alcohol, perfume, super good life functions, not far from the MRT, super easy to rent, the rental price is very high, it is the elevator management building with the highest CP value in the center of Zhongshan District, Taipei City that can be bought at the cheapest price.

Those who rent here and live in the Heyi Gold and Silver Building will not mind the fact that the downstairs is a big hotel. The reason is that the living function is good, there are many job opportunities, and the transportation is convenient.

Another name of Woyi Gold and Silver Building

• Insein Park Building (next to Insein Park)
  • Building 409 (409 Linsen North Road)
  • Gold and Silver Building (abbreviated as Heyi Gold and Silver)

Rich Dad Investing Calculations

The suite is priced at 5.5 million yuan.
Suppose the rent is 15,000 yuan. The rent can be collected 180,000 yuan for 12 months a year.
The gross rate of return is 18/550=3%.
40% of your own money. That is, bring your own 2.1 million.
The loan is 3.4 million yuan, with an annual interest rate of 1.5%. The interest is 50,000 yuan.
Rent minus interest 18-5=130,000.
The return on cash investment is 13/210=6%.
The principal recovery year is 210/13=16 years.

Why is it better to buy a haunted house?

Heyi Jinyin’s houses are cheap to buy, and the ones with high returns are bought. Buy the small ones, it’s best to have a haunted house.

Why choose a haunted house to buy? Because it is cheaper and the cost is lower. The price of a haunted house is about 50% to 70% of the normal transaction price in the market.

Because those who are willing to live in a haunted house must be those who do not believe in evil and want cheap rent.

Haunted houses are cheaper, so the self-preparation costs are lower. In the case that the rent does not differ too much, the reporting rate can be relatively high.

The leasing law is on the road, and there is an express provision that if the rental property is a haunted house, the landlord has the obligation to inform the tenant. However, even if the rental price is reduced, the rent is 20% off, and the reporting rate is still higher than that of normal properties. Buying a house requires planning. It’s still a good deal.

advantage

• Very good rental, high rent. Lots of people want to rent. It is a holy product for rental investment.
  • Downstairs is the hotel, and there are many hotels nearby.
  • Someone in the elevator building can collect garbage.
  • Not a penny is wasted on useless circumstances.
  • It is suitable for people who lie down and sleep when they go home, and the house is only used as a shelter from wind and rain.

shortcoming

• Downstairs is the hotel. Very lively at night.
  • There will be drunk people riding the elevator together.
  • There are many hotels nearby.
  • Because there are many people investing and renting out, the composition of the environment is relatively complicated.
  • Because buying a house will take up the loan amount, if the investment is successful, you should change hands when you find a better investment target.

Why buy?

• Many people want to buy houses in Heyi Jinyin, and they are all investment experts. Use science and numbers to determine investment targets.
  • The house is not for you to live in, but to buy it for investment. It depends on the return on investment and the stability of the rental.
  • Level 1 house in a level 1 war zone. Don’t look at the environment, don’t look at the feeling in the stairwell, these are all hallucinations and demons. Only money is real.
  • Every penny you spend is used to buy houses and lots.
  • If you want to rent and sell at the same time, you can just make a contract with the tenant. Rent and sell both.
  • Next to it is Insein Park. The environment after leaving the building is okay.
  • Social housing has recently been built at the rear of the building, and the building also has access at the rear. If you don’t go in and out from Linsen North Road, you will have a lot less trouble.

Why not buy it?

• If you live by yourself, don’t buy it if you have a lump in your heart, and don’t regret it every day because you are greedy for cheap.
  • The stairwell feels very long, can’t walk to the end?
  • When you take the elevator, you will meet a hotel lady who is looking for a lover or a hotel lady who is going to work?

haunted house

1. A 28-year-old man was kidnapped and tortured with a hammer and died tragically in a rented suite in Linsenbei, Zhongshan District