Has anybody ever heard of a building called 和益金銀大樓?

Its address is No. 409 Linsen N. Rd.

I notice that lots of newly renovated apartments are for sale.

This guy likes it

Here’s a page about it on 591

41 years… l think l pass on this one.

1 Like

Too old?

In Taiwan, for me, yes. Water pipe problems and stuff like that are almost guaranteed at that age, often way earlier, pain in the butt.

1 Like

Wouldn’t really be my choice of neighborhoods to live in Taipei either.

I thought that Linsen N Rd. was gentrifying?

and leaking ceilings?

Oh?

I see lots of renovated apartments there for sale.

1 Like

In retrospect, I would say that the opening of the Zhongshan Rd. MRT station made Linsen N. Rd. a more convenient and thus also more attractive area to live.

There should be a stop on the Green Line too.

2 Likes

Do you mean that the Green Line should have a stop to service the Linsen N. Rd.?

1 Like

I forgot to add in my last comment that it was a matter of time before investors and apt. owners it would be much more profitable to renovate their old apartments there and then sell them to those families that can afford them, rather than renting to prostitutes

Where do you think would be the ideal location for this MRT station?

Orange line has a stop

1 Like

I think the distance between MRT stations is about 1km on the Green Line. That’s alright. Walking 500 meters to the street is not too much to ask, I think. Zhongshan Elementary Station in the north is even closer.

Why, of all places in Taipei, are you interested in that particular area/building?

Taipei City in general would be too expensive for me, but if you are looking for an area that is going to be modernized in coming years and decades, it should be Wanhua. Lot of old buildings waiting to be demolished and once the MRT Line (Wanda-Shulin) is in operation that shabby area (looking like the city’s nutsack on a map) will be changing to the better for sure. Youth Park is kind of nice.

1 Like

do you mean that Zhongshan Rd. MRT station should also be on the Green Line?

I recently saw lots of for-sale ads for units located in that building.

Are you interested in buying an appartment and moving there?