Has anyone ever done one of those ancestor DNA test kits when they’re in Taiwan?

From what I remember, when I did 23andme, you could opt out from being found. Honestly, I think that the best option is to use the cheapest service that sends you the raw data and then dig deeper into it using Promethease or other service/software, especially if you just want to check for SNPs and health related information. 23andme is quite limited. Though I haven’t tried MyHeritage.

Also, 23andme is quite unspecific for non-European ethnicities. I’m mixed, and for the Italian part, it gives me very specific information, even the regions and cities of my ancestors:

But for the “Chilean” part, it just highlights the whole American continent and shows me this:

Which is kind of useless because I was born in Santiago and most Chilean-Italians arrived through the port in Buenos Aires, so nothing I didn’t know :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Well obviously that happens. It all depends on the last food they ate before they spit into to the tube. :sunglasses:

1 Like