Has anyone had a cold in 2020, or is it all COVID-19?

Has anyone had a cold in 2020, or is it all COVID-19?

I had a common cold last week so it must be lurking around.

1 Like

Nope, no cold at all. Even a couple of my coworkers who are perpetually suffering from colds from week to week are healthy this whole time.

5 Likes

Yup, started Friday right in time for the long weekend and just got over it today.

3 Likes

Surely if you get a cold then you need to rethink your covid protection strategies?

I give myself a headache sometimes, usually correlates with visiting Forumosa :wink: but no, no colds.

2 Likes

Similar here! 24 hour flu every Satuday. Like clockwork. Bloody eerie!

2 Likes

Haven’t had any colds at all. Usually I catch three or four a year. Masks and distancing seem to be doing more than just preventing Covid.

4 Likes

Had one in july.

Tested positive for Rhinovirus.

Calling it ROVID-20.

4 Likes

I have that constant frog in my throat from.pollution

Knock on wood… usually get 1-2 colds that start with tickling at back of throat, then sneezing, then full on massive nasal congestion, for which I sometimes have to stick a tissue in one nasal to prevent major dripping while sleeping. I never take drugs to get rid of it. Just lasts a week or more.
Nada, zip, zilch, zero since last year.
Social distancing, masks, washing hands til skin dry, alcohol gel, etc. are doing the trick.

2 Likes

I fought off a cold last week, I think. Woke up with a very stuffy nose (couldn’t breathe) and a bit of a cough, bit of a metallic taste in my mouth. Went away within 12hrs, fortunately.

I think I had a close relative of covid19 last December, actually. It was pretty bad. Luckily I slept through the worst 48hrs of it. Never had anything like it, anyway. The first symptom was a sharp pain over my solar plexus that over 12hrs or so gave away to something like a flu-tinged bad cold.

Nothing since, until last week that is, knock on wood.

I haven’t had a cold or flu all year, but I’m not so sure now that COVID-19 has proved that you may be infected, but be asymptomatic.

Maybe I’ve had asymptomatic flu all year and wasn’t aware of it.

WHO knows?

4 Likes

WHO knows fuck all…

4 Likes

I’ve not had one symptomatic cold or flu since January which is absolutely remarkable. I used to often get colds from overseas travel. It’s a significant health benefit.

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple really bad colds, but not until July or August when mask-wearing and social distancing dropped off here. I was virus free for a long time.

1 Like

I know where mine came from. My child brought it home from school. It’s a bit hard, if not impossible, to stop that.

Same for me. It’s been nice not having a stupid cold all year.

2 Likes

Yep, me too. Used to get a cold about 2 or 3 times a year, especially during the changing of the seasons, but not this year. Haven’t been sick at all for about a year now, touch wood. I chalk it up to frequent hand washing, mask wearing and regular exercising.

3 Likes

Indeed. Got the stomach flu a few months back and aside from medication, got an earful from the doctor about washing my hands properly…

Zinc supplements help. :laughing:

See? Kids are dangerous vectors of disease!

1 Like

@icon thanks for this reminder about Zinc will positively buy.

I got flu in early quarter of 2020 and I’m ok.
Boss got 1 few days ago and she never wear a mask. So far I’m ok.