Has anyone seen Taiwanese Pangolin in the wild?

Good to know, when I was last up in Luan Shan I had assumed it was open at some point.

I think I’ve posted similar before about rhino horn. Poison some of the horns and the idiots can take their chances if they want to get an erection.

What about the masochists? They may get horny. Policing and punishment needs to be a lot harsher . Sorry , I see the irony, but I’m serious . They could make an impact if they wanted to.

Over time there would be no masochists.

It’s actually reasonable.
For instance some lab ethanols are deliberately spiked with methanol to prevent folks drinking it.
Given these animals face extinction, it’s not extreme.

1 Like

Save the Rhino don’t like it and provide some strong unsubstantiated opinions as to why it’s totally wrong.

They prefer “behavioural changes”. Whether those changes in behaviour can come into play before rhinos become extinct is the challenge. Perhaps their discussion on the topic went something along these lines:

1 Like

Having read the article , I think the way things are in China …they could promote it as a bad thing on the “Social Credit” system and build resentment towards users. It would be a start.

2 Likes

How is it one of the smallest, tightly monitored and controlled and fairly messed up countries is so often behind such large illegal smuggling related things…? doeant make sense. Why dont the do gooders snitch then? Or am i missing how much worse chewing gum is?

Why do you assume its Singaporeans ?
Singapore is a free trade port, often used to route goods through.

Now I do know companies that try to use it to change the bill of goods or the obscure real origin of the goods.

I do not think anything bad in this case is happening in S’pore. Singapore is just the transit / transfer point of this shipment/container and their customs police did a good job in enforcing the law/rules which is the Singapore way.

1 Like

I do believe you just answered your own question :wink:

Though i suppose that speaks volumes as to singapores moral depth and integrity. If its a transit situation, they couldnt care less. I suppose thats a bit worse than simply controlling everyone within your borders. Might as well be hypocrites as well. No wonder they get along with china so well.

If they didn’t care they wouldn’t have intercepted the shipment ?

2 Likes

I suppose you’re right. Much like if Taiwan didnt care they wouldnt have intercepted the cloudy bottled drinks or tainted oils. China wouldnt have caught the tainted melamine stuff etc.

Perhaps im overdoing the sarcasm. Let me explain.

If people know industry. The government is checking these things, can get caught extremely easy. Especially this pangolin thing. I have been breeding and trading animals for a couple decades so im familiar with the inspection processes even though i dont trade dead animals or pieces of…the inspection, taxes and such are similar. Container inspections are similar. They get caught relatively easily even in big and unorgankzed countries. When the want to look. Singapore is tiny, ultra organkzed, super controlling and very high tech. They also claim to be a lot of things of moral likening. Which is funny. 10 nt says this pangolin thing was just cause they are so bad they needed a big bust to save face. 10 more nt says malaysia was somehow embarrasing them so they made a point this time haha.

In taiwan, people just joke that the red envelope wasnt thick enough. This is why im joking/laughing at the irony of singapore being so absolutely batshit crazy strict to their own, and insanely ocd advanced on technology but so ok with passing on things unless “payoffs werent right”. Leaning towards the statement people use them as a place to change origin of goods, invoices etc which singapore graciously allows.

So much so so even Mr. Xi could have a laugh about how corrupt they are…if you had any idea how many medicines, herbs, foods and etc passed through singapore essentially wiping clean their past and allowing them onward transit…its sickening.

Saw one on the 115 just north of Cyonglin, Hsinchu County yesterday. Dead unfortunately.

:sob:

1 Like

I have seen two alive one and night and one in the day, in the north of Taiwan , I hope that cheers you all up :smiley:

At the zoo?

Are they at the Taipei zoo?

wild of course

I saw one last year, in a road not far from Taipei. I think I saved its life, since it was crossing the road and there were many cars going back to Taipei.

Of course I took it in my hads, against my chest, and prepared a soup that cured my arthritis and gave me back my sexual power from my 20’s. I mean, I just took a picture with it and played bowling with it in the grass.

5 Likes

Good job. That one looks quite small…maybe a juvenile.