Has anyone used MyData?

I’ve been playing around with the MyData platform recently to get a Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates. A couple of thoughts (possibly of interest to @au):

• I signed up using my NHI card and password, which was fine, but the secondary verification was kind of a pain. Trying to do it using my phone number and NHI card number (手機門猫+健保卡卡跳験器) failed because my ID number “was incorrect” (身分識字競格式輸入结誤) [it wasn’t], and trying to do it using my phone number (手機跳福) said that the phone number isn’t registered in my name (此手機競福非登記絵您本人名下,如無本人名下之門就,請選摆。 其他验盈方式 。) [it is, and it’s registered to my APRC number too].
  • I eventually succeeded using SMS verification, but I was getting bored at that point and didn’t bother taking screenshots so I forget what the option was. Financial chip card verification might have been easier, had I known that at the time.
  • Like @meishijia mentioned, I’ve no idea why the estimated download time for a 200 kilobyte file should be 60 minutes (in the end it took about 30 minutes). One of the others was 90 minutes, and some of them like the entry and exit certificate downloaded pretty much immediately.
  • Logging in for a new session using the saved ID number from previous sessions, where the last four digits are automatically replaced with asterisks, gives a message saying the ID number format is incorrect (身分證字號格式不正確). It seems like the full ID number isn’t being saved, i.e., the page is actually saving A81234**** with four asterisks rather than A812345678 with the last four digits just hidden. Which means the ID number needs to be retyped each time. Not the end of the world of course, but kind of annoying and they may as well just not let that field be automatically filled in rather than uselessly saving half of the ID number.
  • For downloading files, I’ve been using the chip card option with my Richart debit card and PIN. It works fine, but it’s rather annoying and tedious to have to do that, as well as re-enter other info like the ID number and/or date of birth, for every single file. Once per session or something would be nice.
  • It would be nice, eventually, to have English translations of the available file descriptions. There’s quite a lot of options available on there, and some of the descriptions seem a bit confusing if you’re not sure what you’re looking for.

Overall, it seems to contain some useful information and I was pleasantly surprised for a government website, though I agree with @Mataiou that it can be a bit messy and inconvenient to use.

4 Likes

It’s a lot of trial and error to get around it

1 Like

MyData seems to not be working for me today.

Everything I try to download it’s asking me to tick a box saying i’ve read the terms and conditions, but the box is greyed out and the terms and conditions aren’t shown on the page.

It seems to be working for me for the two I tried (personal income tax and entry/exit certificates):

It looks like the terms and conditions box, which on mine is between the process flowchart thing and the checkbox and needs to be scrolled to the bottom of to enable the checkbox, is missing for you? That’s odd - maybe a browser issue? Could try turning it off and on again…?

Ah, it was my browser (Brave)

2 Likes

Make sure to use Internet Explorer Version 6 for all government websites :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I am soooo ready

3 Likes

The GOAT for me

Is there a reason that MyData takes hours to download certain files, e.g. tax records?

How long do you expect it to take for them to prepare an 800-kilobyte file? It’s not Star Trek. You’re in Taiwan.

I did wonder if it might be a weirdly implemented security feature, like to slow down the ability of others to access personal data. I think it sends an SMS for each download, though I forget when exactly in the process it does that.

Yes I think it is something like that. Maybe it is to stop their systems from being overloaded

what’s the bloody point of using the FIDO app on the phone if I must do a 2FA on mydata if I don’t use the platform for more than 3 months?

And, ofc, we foreigners can’t do any non-card reader required authentication since we don’t have HHR number… FFS, why all online systems here always require some fidgety stuff??? So annoyed.

2 Likes

I solved this badly by getting married and getting the wife to do almost everything govt related. It’s a bit of an extreme solution to be fair. :blush:

I didn’t use your data, I swear. Do you remember where you last had it?

nah, I don’t need a nanny, I am big boy, thanks.

Then shit happens, best to be able to do things on your own.