Has anyone used MyData?

MyData platform-enables people to have one-stop access to all government-owned personal data and the right to transmit them to third parties for the precise services.

Has anyone used it?
Does it work for foreigners?
What data were you able to download?

I’m guessing @slawa, you’ve tried it, right?

Ah

Is this still an issue?

1 Like

Just tried to sign up with my new ID card number and it was successful.

I used a combination of my citizen digital certificate and NHI card to register.

1 Like

Oh boy, I’m now downloading a bunch of interesting documents!

This’ll keep me busy all weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s see what personal information they have about me in terms of tax

Estimated download time: 60 minutes :frowning:

Is the download time some kind of deterant to stop people flooding their system with requests, or is some poor Taiwanese public servant now running around with his arms in the air looking for my docs in the vault? If it’s the latter, he’s gonna have a very very busy weekend :happy_frog:

It took about 20 minutes in the end.

I just downloaded this one, which is for personal tax information.

I was able to select which year I wanted to download the tax information for, I picked 2021.

The file that downloaded contained all my earnings with lots of detail for the year 2021, nice.

Not so useful for 2021, since I already have the doc for 2021 from when I submitted my tax return, but will be useful for previous years, and I’ll download those too when I have some time.

1 Like

This one is for downloading entry/exit dates.

You don’t need the MyData platform to get this, as it can be downloaded straight from the NIA too, but it can be downloaded here as well.

However, it seems for foreigners, this way of accessing the entry/exit dates doesn’t work:

“No data”

This one is for passport information…

Probably just for Taiwanese people, cos it just spat out a blank doc for me

1 Like

This one is interesting, details of a birth.

I think this one needs to be applied for by the mother, since no data for me, as the dad.

I’ll get my wife to try later :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one lets you get a report of traffic incidents.

I tried downloading it to see an accident I had last year, but it was before my ID number changed, so I think that’s why it can’t find the details. That’s a shame

1 Like

There are so many interesting things which can be downloaded on this site. I think this is the first time I’ve been impressed by a Taiwanese government service. There aren’t too many services on this site which are applicable to me, as a foreigner who doesn’t do much. But next, I’ll try and get information from my wife’s MyData :slight_smile: It seems you can get all sorts, including household registration information. Standby :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems possible to sign up with just your NHI card and mobile phone number :slight_smile:

Don’t actually need the citizen digital certificate

Just tried, and it works if applied for by the mother. Not sure if it will work for foreign mothers, since my wife is not foreign. It only really includes data like, how many weeks in did you give birth, weight of the baby, how the baby was born, and details of the doctor and hospital. Not really that useful.

Okay, I think I’ve exhausted all the interesting things I can do with this site.

If anyone else finds anything interesting you can do with it, let us know :slight_smile:

@fifieldt tried to use the mydata platform, it is very messy. I tried to use the mobile app but asks me for a second verification, none can be performed by me without the use of a card reader:

1. Bankbook can’t work since don’t have yet NHI card
  2. Mobile phone can’t work since my number is linked to my passport for mobile providers don’t use our ARC as reference.

Why do I need a secondary verification if the Fido app has already been verified via the card reader i. The first place? Very inconvenient

2 Likes

This would make an awesome T-shirt. :+1:

4 Likes

I tried the website but i do no get very far.
How can I authenticate myself without a card reader and having only a prepaid mobile phone number?
Thanks for any help!

1 Like

I believe you are SOL my friend :frowning:

You aren’t missing out on much tho

1 Like

You raise good questions.

Unfortunately, I don’t know which department runs that one yet :frowning:

2 Likes