Have Netflix account from America? You're overpaying double!

Netflix likes to remove your USA shows while still charging you USA rates. Sketchy, I know.

To get NTD rates (310NTD/mo for 4k+HDR, compared to $18/mo American rates – yes, you can still use your American cards to pay):

1. Cancel your sub - you’ll still save everything, no worries.
  2. Resub - you’ll be charged 1/2.

Even if you move back to USA, as long as you don’t cancel, you’ll still retain this rate!

1 Like

If you sign in on Taiwan and connect to it via VPN to the US, will you still be geolocked to the Taiwan or non-US library?

Netflix restricts content based on ip, not where the account is from. Netflix can detect a lot of VPNs though; I had no luck with PIA, but nord works for me.

ExpressVPN doesn’t work anymore - their detection is too good. Taiwan recently had some new partners - you’ll be surprised what’s on Netflix Taiwan. There’s only like 1 or 2 that’s USA only that affected me.

ExpressVPN works.
Pick a city / state not on the West coast. If that doesn’t work, then contact ExpressVPN support. They will tell you which city to pick. Also, don’t access Netflix from an app on your phone or computer. Use an internet browser and make sure you are not signed into that internet browser.

1 Like

Many VPNs stopped working with Netflix when they upped their efforts recently to block VPN usage to circumvent region locks.

1 Like

These are the same rates as the USA now? :confused:

Ope they changed the USA prices too I think. Dang…

Hope they changed their content availability in Taiwan for the price.

Same for Amazon Prime, you pay US rate but get Taiwan content.

1 Like

VPN services are trash. Set up a basic hosting account at DigitalOcean and install your own private vpn that you control, instead of passing your data through who-knows-who. I did this when I was in China.

This won’t work with Netflix though. They block data center IP addresses.

ExpressVPN still works great for me. I switch between US and Taiwan Netflix libraries all the time. (I haven’t bothered to spend the time figuring out what is available in other countries, but I like knowing I can.)

It also works for me with Hulu, which isn’t even available in Taiwan. That’s actually the main reason I have it.

1 Like