Have you ever had performance reviews once every 2-3 months?

I feel that there is something suspicious with such frequent performance reviews.

Back when I worked for a large global corporation there was a quick one once every 3 months with my boss, and a more formal one annually with all my clients.

I teach once a week at an adult-ish establishment. They do performance reviews often since the turnover of students goes in waves.

I get informal ones three times a year and a formal one once every year.

Management by objectives sucks. Especially if you can’t write your own objectives

depends on the role.
sales and PMs every quarter, others ince a year.

2 Likes

Back in the days I used to do frequent reviews with underperforming employees. So your suspicion might be correct.

2 Likes

Yikes. I would hate to hire an underperforming clown, especially since I’m paying them to perform.

1 Like

Reviews, in any profession, should be regular but informal. Chats over coffee on how things are going, etc.

If they become formalized and are too frequent, it’s a warning signal to get the “Fuck out of Dodge”.

4 Likes

In this case, HR is the one implementing this policy for the entire department. I should also indicate that the company is doing this all of sudden.

In this case, HR is the one implementing this policy for the entire department. I should also indicate that the company is doing this all of sudden.

if they do it with everyone, then its not suspicious.
and if they havent done it so far, maybe they thought its about time they start.
as long as no one tells you that you are on a “performance improvement plan” there is nothing to worry about.

The reason why I find it suspicious is because one of my co-workers was recently removed by HR and HR told her mentor to play dumb if this terminated co-worker asks why she was removed.

that could be because they dont want him to say too much, he is not the decision maker in this case.
dont worry too much, if a company really wants to fire someone they can find a way, weven without performancereviews. and as long as everyone is being reviewed you arent singled out…

OK. So this should instead be labelled as micromanagement

not necessarily, in many companies its just something that is done to “tick a box”, it doesn’t mean any action is taken based on the performance review.

hopefully everything will turn out to be fine