Have you ever tried to sell something online from Taiwan to another country?

Have you ever tried to make an extra money by selling things online? In some countries, people might like things only sold in Taiwan. Something like cute design of fabrics, cute shirts designed in Taiwan, souvenirs, etc. Of course, you can not make as a living. Just for extra cash. I did this before, but I only made 3,000 NT more in a month. I sold those 7-11 souvenirs that you get the points to get one. But, I didn’t get them at 7-11. I found a large amount sold in a donation center for a cheap value. I bought those Star Wars Mugs and some Hello Kitty items because I knew there were some serious collectors. But, I got tired and lazy to manage my working hours in my full-time job and online sales.

Never done it but thought about it. I can’t think of much unique in Taiwan that others would be wanting and that would be cheaper in Taiwan.

Many years ago when the Internet was still about emails and didn’t have all those huge online shopping sites.
It was unstable usually making say 200US dollars one month then every now and again a few thousand dollars. It gave me a good dopamine rush when I got a large order. However, the advent of the big shopping sites made it not worth my time.

I don’t know about this.

One barrier I can think of is shipping cost, and those Chinese sellers on Aliexpress somehow find ways to ship cheaply (which nobody else can get the same rates). Nobody in the US will pay 10 dollars to ship a 5 dollar item.

Perhaps one way is to find ways to ship a huge amount of merchandise to an intermediary in the US and have them sell it.

Also known as FBA (fulfilled by amazon) :blush:

1 Like

Laracroft

May 2019

Have you ever tried to make an extra money by selling things online? In some countries, people might like things only sold in Taiwan. Something like cute design of fabrics, cute shirts designed in Taiwan, souvenirs, etc. Of course, you can not make as a living. Just for extra cash. I did this before, but I only made 3,000 NT more in a month. I sold those 7-11 souvenirs that you get the points to get one. But, I didn’t get them at 7-11. I found a large amount sold in a donation center for a cheap value. I bought those Star Wars Mugs and some Hello Kitty items because I knew there were some serious collectors. But, I got tired and lazy to manage my working hours in my full-time job and online sales.

Hi, I think this is a good idea. May, I ask where can I find this donation center ? I want to try selling something online.

Thanks in advance :grinning:

1 Like

Wife sold stuff to HK and China. Pinkoi. Selling into the Japanese market is tougher.

Hi Brianjones,

If you don’t mind me asking ? Where does your wife sells

her stuff and what stuff does she sells? Where, I can buy

wholesale stuff and sell them online later. Any advice what

products can I sell. Yes, as it is competition is very stiff. I

would appreciate your or any Forumosans input about this.

Btw, how to send PM here?

Thank you/ Thank you all.

Kind Regards,

HK

Pinkoi is active in Taiwan, HK and China. I’m not going to be sharing much more info but you get setup and sell there pretty easily. Have a look yourself.

Will do,Thank you so much :slight_smile: