Have you found any "hidden gems" in Taiwan?

Everyone knows the big brands in the cycling industry, but in Taiwan there’s a massive amount of companies that produce cycling components or equipment, more often than not at pretty good prices.
Frames, wheels, components, clothing etc etc…have you ever bought anything from a brand that is not well known in Europe/Usa and you’ve been pleased with your purchase?

I’ll start with some clothing:
Eversmile: eversmile.com.tw/
From what I learned at one of their stores, it’s a company that has production factories and is involved with Nike, Champion, Puma and other big brands. They also produce their own line of sport apparel for running, hiking and cycling. I’ve tried their cycling shorts and they’ve been extremely comfortable (until I lost 8kg, now I cannot wear them, but I cannot blame Eversmile for that). The day when I bought my cycling pants in Taichung there was an offer and I got a free pair or regular short pants that are lighter, softer and more comfortable than anything I’ve ever tried.

Gearset:
Microshift: microshift.com.tw/
It’s fairly known abroad for cheap-low end bikes, but here in Taiwan it’s easy to find their high-end models that work great and look beautiful.

A coworker has this thing:

goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21303182332738

CrMo, 7,6 kg, L size!!!

My CF S weights 8,3 kg O_o

I think it says 7,6kg for the 48,5cm, which is pretty small, but that’s a great weight nonetheless. Especially for that price! 35800 for a very light steel frame with 105 or Apex?
Never heard of that company though, I’d be really curious to ride one and see how it feels!
Does their claimed weight include the wheels? I

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]I think it says 7,6kg for the 48,5cm, which is pretty small, but that’s a great weight nonetheless. Especially for that price! 35800 for a very light steel frame with 105 or Apex?
Never heard of that company though, I’d be really curious to ride one and see how it feels!
Does their claimed weight include the wheels? I[/quote]

I should include them!

However, who knows if that’s the actual weight… shouldn’t be very different though. It’s not steel but CrMo (my first mountain bike was that and it wasn’t specially light!). Not sure if I will ever ride with this coworker but it that happens I will test the bike and let you know.

It’s a steel alloy containing chrome and molybdenum. So still steel.

It’s a steel alloy containing chrome and molybdenum. So still steel.[/quote]
OK, I thought that there was no iron in the mix.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Ibis2k12”] Not sure if I will ever ride with this coworker but it that happens I will
steal
the bike and let you know.[/quote][/quote]

I fixed that for you!

[quote=“Ibis2k12”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Ibis2k12”] Not sure if I will ever ride with this coworker but it that happens I will
steal
the bike and let you know.[/quote][/quote]

I fixed that for you![/quote]
xDDDDD

Dude, you are a bicycle fanatic! :smiley:

Nothing wrong with that, btw

HAhaha yeah but I’d never steal someone else’s bike!

That’s why you should do it for me!

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]HAhaha yeah but I’d never steal someone else’s bike!

That’s why you should do it for me![/quote]

Some motherfucker stole my first mountain bike… a bicycle is like a girlfriend! even better than a gf, she never has headache! :smiley: