Haven for crooks

Fruitvale is already a less than safe place
This cafe will become a police free zone

Many comments say “ be sure to call your neighbors for help and not the police

I believe the coffee shop’s name is Quick Death. Probably best not to go in there anyway.

Not sure about crooks. But definitely a haven for self-righteous idiots.

1 Like

You are making me feel unsafe both physically and emotionally with your toxic masculinity.

2 Likes

“We need the support of the actual community to keep this place safe, not police. Especially in an area faced by drug sales and abuse, homelessness, and toxic masculinity as we see here on this block.”

:face_vomiting:

“police presence compromises our feeling of physical & emotional safety.”

They must be pretty badass. I’m imagining scenarios where that feeling could undergo a rapid change. You may as well put a sign up asking for it.

1 Like

This place is set to become a haven for intersectionality…i.e. bullets intersecting with heads.

The name is “Hasta Muerte”, which in the weird Spanish we use in Spain doesn’t make much sense or is not gramatically correct, but we could translate it as “Even Death” or “Until dead”(?), not really sure though.

1 Like

Maybe “hello death”? :idunno:

@Dr_Milker Are you sure they’re that kind of anti-popo peeps and not the other major kind? You know, the kind who say every citizen should carry a gun because the police are useless. (I didn’t read the article.)

Are there Americans who say the police are useless? (not true) Or do they say instead that the police have no legal obligation to risk their life to save yours? (true)

Good grief, those questions are significantly different!

And I think the meaning is “until death.”

The way @rowland was going on about police in the gun safety thread (re Florida), you’d think so. (Not to mention many other people, in rap songs and what not…)

My guess is that they’re actually just virtue signalling as a publicity stunt to try and drum up business. And it did get them in the paper, so who knows?

I’d be shocked if the Gun Control in the USA thread has anything to do with gun safety, but you never know. Anyway, ok: you’re inferring that police in the US are useless. Got it.

Carry on.

Gun control, gun safety, whatever the thread is called (we seem to have one of each).

No, I’m inferring that Rollo wants people to think so. (Not to mention having observed that there are other Americans who do think so… and people in other countries too.)

My mistake. Not you, but the zeitgeist or at least “Rollo” as well as other Americans: got it.

And please accept my apology.

1 Like

The police are not absolutely useless. I’ve known some good ones. But they have limitations.

Some people seem to think the police are magic and can fix all crime if we just let them. Except when some black guy gets shot, then they’re all police are evil.

Police are the enforcement arm of government. Therefore they can never be better or worse than the government. And the government can’t solve all of everyone’s problems.

There are those who think government is magic… until it does something they don’t like. I never think government is magic, so I don’t struggle with cognitive dissonance when government does something I don’t like.

It’s all about keeping your expectations realistic, and having a backup plan.

1 Like