Having random women approach you in department stores

It’s a scam. Do not engage. Check your pockets and verify all contents are still there.

15 Likes

Happened to me a few times.
The first time I came to Taiwan, not even 6-7 years ago, I was in a Club called HIVE and I had like 5-6 different girls from different tables asking me to join their table and drink with them, I was alone.
At the time I was a bit better looking and definitely more stylish than now, but I am not so tall (around 176), muscular nor model material at all.

Second time I came, happened the same but the girl was 17 and I was already 27.

I think it is just that they might be more open and have different expectations that the girls from the country you come from. Also to me, this never happened in my home town.

I’m having a hard time seeing the logic here…

2 Likes

Nope. I’m not a foreigner though.

I have approached women on the street, with varying results but in those cases I’m very direct.

Tbh this looks like a troll post. Fake af.

3 Likes

Lots of women approach me in Taiwan.

But I’m an old guy with a bunch of little kids (all mine). Women always say “the kids are so cute! Are you their grandpa?”

I’m getting old!

5 Likes

Now that I think of it, only gay men have approached me…but never a woman. Wtf :expressionless:

6 Likes

That’s as bad as them saying

Oh I bet you looked nice when you were young

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a really big problem here. I assume it depends on one’s level of attractiveness, but I personally get it almost every time I walk into a convenience store - some random woman in a uniform trying to say hello to me and initiate a conversation. I even get it from guys sometimes as well.

Some of the bolder ladies have even literally asked me for my phone number, in the middle of their shift, while families with children are waiting in line behind me. It’s crazy - I’m just going in there to collect my Shopee delivery, not to start a relationship! I don’t know much about Taiwanese culture, but I suspect it’s my pale skin, extra kilos, and the adventurous nature of Taiwanese women (and men).

6 Likes

I look like a local, no girl ever approached me in Taiwan except to take my food order :pleading_face:

3 Likes

This happens to me nearly every day. Not the hookup part, just ladies chatting me up and asking to take photos with me. More common when I’m in my work outfit, but sometimes it’s just because people find it amusing that I am three times their size.

3 Likes

I’ve been approached by ’ women ’ at least , a couple of times in the countryside too. And I often have the ball and chain and kids attached.:sunglasses:

What exactly is your work uniform . :thinking::grin:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
I always found shouting out your phone number publicly…Well…Bizarre !

Weirdly when I was younger and visiting Thailand for work and visas I would get approached by women and men a lot . I’d be on my own visiting temples or near the hotel and boom some person would come up to me and start chatting. They would tell me they saw me somewhere earlier etc. But I could never tell if they were scan artists or just genuinely way more interested or outgoing with foreigners (and no they weren’t ladyboys in patpong either) I always gave them a wide berth though cos of personal safety reasons. I doubt it would happen now.

2 Likes

I’m pushing 40. There’s no cure for getting old. I’m also married and don’t care anymore. I do occasionally get some student who’s inexplicably interested in me, but I’m quick to dissuade them of that nonsense.

3 Likes

DrewC: ‘Sorry, no, you can’t earn “extra credit.” ‘ :laughing:

4 Likes

me, about two decades ago

2 Likes

GIWTWM

2 Likes

Are you sure they weren’t asking for you number for the points card? All the convenience stores do that now, just saying

3 Likes

First time date should always be no longer than an hour at a coffee shop to know if she is sane at least.

2 Likes