Having to Log in Every Time I Open a Thread

For the last day or so I’ve had to log in every time I open a thread and I haven’t been able to post any messages as whenever I do that and hit submit the log in frames appear, and I have to log in again.

Not this time though cause I’m having it lo me in everytime I vist. I, however, can’t see any new posts.

[quote=“Fox”]For the last day or so I’ve had to log in every time I open a thread and I haven’t been able to post any messages as whenever I do that and hit submit the log in frames appear, and I have to log in again.

Not this time though cause I’m having it lo me in everytime I vist. I, however, can’t see any new posts.[/quote]
I am not aware of any changes to the server for the past week (or month, even) that would have affected your login to the forums. Have you tried logging in from other browsers or other computers? This would help isolate the problem to your cookie settings or to a particular browser. I regularly check the forums from 2 different networks (one in China and one in the UK) using 3 different computers (all Windows) with different versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox. I haven’t had such trouble (yet)

Once I can repeat your problem, I’ll be in a better position to investigate this. Also, don’t forget that you can also search www.phpbb.com for possible solutions. If you find anything there, please post back here so others can benefit from your research

Cheers

g.

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“Fox”]For the last day or so I’ve had to log in every time I open a thread and I haven’t been able to post any messages as whenever I do that and hit submit the log in frames appear, and I have to log in again.

Not this time though cause I’m having it lo me in everytime I vist. I, however, can’t see any new posts.[/quote]
I am not aware of any changes to the server for the past week (or month, even) that would have affected your login to the forums. Have you tried logging in from other browsers or other computers? This would help isolate the problem to your cookie settings or to a particular browser. I regularly check the forums from 2 different networks (one in China and one in the UK) using 3 different computers (all Windows) with different versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox. I haven’t had such trouble (yet)

Once I can repeat your problem, I’ll be in a better position to investigate this. Also, don’t forget that you can also search www.phpbb.com for possible solutions. If you find anything there, please post back here so others can benefit from your research

Cheers

g.[/quote]

Hold on there boy scouts…I’m having a similar problem. I log in, says everthing is good, then get booted back out. Was unable to log in all of last night, despite changing passwords and even trying a new identity. Will try again on the home system tonight, but work seems ok.

MJB

Right - let us know what happens after you get home. When I said I couldn’t repeat the problem, I meant that I am trying to isolate the issue. These sound like Cookie problems to begin with. Let’s rule out the obvious culprits first

When you hear hoof beats, think horses

I believe having some router that changes your IP can have the same effect. It’s not something you can control it’s your ISP or something. Look at whatismyipaddress.com/ a few times and see if your IP address changes or something…

If I set my computer to log in every time, it seems to be ok except I only get one peak at what’s new because the next time I come back it thinks I’ve lodded in again and gives me a new liosting of new posts of couse there aren’t any or very few.

At home now…The first few times I tried to log was the same thing. But once I ticked off the “automatic login thingy” I could get in. Try this for now and see what happens.

I had a similar problem about a week ago. The difference was that sometimes I got the log-in page when opening a thread or trying to post, and sometimes I didn’t. I went to the Feedback Forum, and nobody else had posted anything about it, so I figured it was the Internet cafe computer I was using. The next day I went to Forumosa on the computer at work, and there was no problem. And a day or so later, there was no problem at the Internet cafe.

I do the log me in every time and it works, but if I don’t do it that way then it reverts to the having to log in every thread scenario.