Head to Head, The Music Never Stopped being argumentative Thread

That’s a tough sell. Bruce did Nebraska, which is fookin brilliant. And the acoustic scary version of Born in The USA is terrifying.

I’ve got a bottle of Kaju Feni at home. Can I come join the shittiest bbq in history? :smiley: I’ll bring a pack of Richmond Sausages.

1 Like

This is possibly the most overrated album ever put out, but I’m biased. I can’t stand Bruce Springsteen. :sunglasses:

Try this on:

Different feel, huh?

In Syracuse back in the late 80s a local musician who did any and every cover refused to do Springsteen. So, every Friday night, someone would shout Bruuuuuuuuce!

He’d reply, with musical accompaniment: OH oh oh I don’t do Bruce.

1 Like

Same crappy song, better arrangement.

1 Like

Maybe we should do a number 1 hits vs, Bruce and The Beatles. Huh…which would be short, as Bruce never hit number one. Even with the sappy BITheUSA album.

Did Springsteen ever even have a no. 1 hit? Dancing in the Dark maybe? God I hate that song.

1 Like

Sure, but he’s a lot less heard-of these days …

Really? Matter of taste, I guess. :man_shrugging: I like Springsteen’s lyrics, but possibly just because they’re more meaningful to me personally.

Yes, and probably timing too. Both of them were at their peak when I was going through my punk/new wave phase, so it’s only natural I’d prefer Costello. Springsteen always struck me as a poser, and his lyrics as cheesy fake blue collar Americana.

Oh, they are that. Definitely. But I quite like cheese :slight_smile:

It’s actually Costello’s pretentious delivery that winds me up. Possibly if he could sing properly I’d be more inclined to listen to his songs.

People tend to either love or hate his singing style. I guess we know which side you fall on. :grin:

I saw EC back in 1994, and he was simply fantastic in concert. Very tight.

Saw Bruce a few years ago. He did the entire The River album then his hits…and blew the roof off the building. Fucking amazing fun show…but…but…

1 Like

Looks too close to call…

I can’t stand Costello. The same goes for Joe Jackson.

1 Like

Neither could Abbott. Who’s on First?

That’s definitely racist. :joy:

1 Like

I had a relationship for seven years with an English woman named Alison. She loved Costello, for obvious reasons. Drove me fucking insane.

2 Likes

Beatles smash that one.Win easily on those two.

2 Likes

Agree can’t stand him.