Headphones thread

Right, those little wing tips really do help them stay in though. These are the first pair of earbuds that I haven’t had to push back in every 10 minutes or so.

There is a similar model called the Powerbeats Pro which have the full-on ear hook.

not over ear, not in ear, how about beside the ear… I am really pleased with these:

1 Like

These may be a good option!

Bone conduction! I haven’t thought about that!
I’ll suggest it. Let’s see how she replies.

Initially, I was thinking on one that I once got during a flight, but better quality and wireless:

I don’t even know if such option exists…
Does it?

My wife got a pair of these 5 years ago and swears by them…she can’t stand the in ear ones that fall out.

1 Like

My understanding is that if sound quality is a concern, bone conduction won’t work? But I’ve never tried it myself.

Me neither.
She mostly uses to listen to online classes and YouTube videos.
I guess signs quality isn’t that critical, but sound isolation may be. Now that I think about that, open ear bone conduction could be a problem…

I found it for about NTD8000 on PChome.
Let’s see what she says.

1 Like

In that case simply use a couple of basic foam earplugs as well. There were a couple of them with my delivery

Well, as I mentioned before, her ear canals are small and ear plugs would fall, too…

there a place in Guanghua plaza which makes custom moulded earplugs, like for IEMs

2 Likes

Ooh I’d love something like this for my wireless earbuds.

I got Apple airpods for Christmas. They worked great for two days then the sound got real low. Is this a common problem? I thought it was a charging problem but I encountered the same issue today after a full charge.

No I don’t think so, my wife has had a couple sets over several years and nothing like that has happened.

1 Like

I went to a store that repairs Apple products. They told me to take it back to the store for an exchange. But then I went back into the store and asked one of them to connect their phone to my Airpods and let me hear. The sound was fine. So it has to do with my phone. I’ll report back here when I have this all figured out. I did the normal things like check my settings and restart my phone.

I think there are some accessibility settings related to volume?

1 Like

No such thing on my phone. Really bothers me! (Edit: I mean in “accessibility” there’s nothing that would allow me to adjust volume.)

on iOS: settings > sounds & haptics > headphone safety

Trouble is, the typical wireless buds would then not fit in the carry/charge case would they?
But if thats not an issue, a DIY effort can be made with some mouldable sillicone rubber like “Sugru”- I’ve used this with several wired earbuds to achieve a snug customized fit. You have about 15 minutes to shape it.

1 Like

Updating…
I got them.
Didn’t work. Not with the smallest plugs, and not even without plugs. Her ear canals are very small indeed.

Any non-in-ear recommendation?

Oh no! I guess Airpods (non-pro) are the standard for non in-ear, at least if you have Apple devices. They just came out with a new version but I haven’t seen them in person.

1 Like