Headphones thread

This is one good location

http://www.hifi.com.tw/

1 Like

A lot of people select their guitars with their eyes, not their ears.

Turns out you can make a great sounding guitar using ā€œlow qualityā€ woods and low grade tops. Tops are graded based on cosmetics anyways.

When you buy an acoustic guitar, you are not paying for the wood. You are paying for the builderā€™s workmanship. THAT determines how a guitar will sound, not wood choices!

Which is why you have these Chinese guitars, made of flamed koa, indian rosewood, 3A grade spruce top, etc. and they sound terrible. I and many competent builders can take that same material and make very good sounding guitars. I can make a good sounding guitar using 2nd grade spruce top, and pallet wood back and sides tooā€¦

ok just want to say that after more than a year of owning and often using the ON Ear B and O headphones I got. The OVER ear ones are the ones to get. They are cheaper and way more comfortable and sound better.
Donā€™t get the ON Ear ones dudes and dudettes.

speakerwtf

dafuqā€¦ Why do we get scammed on speakers in Taiwan? For headphones and IEMs the prices are usually reasonable, especially for stuff made in Asia, but holy moly getting a new pair of speakers to use as rear channels in my 5.1 without witnessing a wallet-rape is impossible.
I had a look at several low cost options from Polk, Pioneer, Yamaha, Micca and few others, most prices seem to be 2x Amazonā€™s -____-

Iā€™ve ordered some new stuff: Superlux 688 to replace my old 669, and a pair of KZ ZS10. Iā€™m also looking forward to Takstarā€™s new HF 580 / HI 3050 planar, havenā€™t seen them on Ruten yet.

Have you ever looked at Usher? Taiwanese made, pretty reasonable price for its quality, and they charge double for stuff sold overseas.

The S520 speaker is really good for its size, and only cost about 6000nt new.

3 Likes

Thanks, when I get home Iā€™ll have a look at what they have on ruten. I refuse to pay 10k+ for speakers that cost 70/80$ on Amazon -__-

7/11 informed me my KS iems just arrived, so later Iā€™ll start to play with them

Have you checked the shops in Guanhua? Iā€™m not saying theyā€™re super cheap, but you might find something. A few years ago I bought a couple of active speakers, a local brand, that were pretty alright.

PS: now I remember the brand: Edifier. I bought them as a gift but I was and I am considering to buy a couple of monitorsā€¦

Edifier has been making some really legit stuff. They used to be known just as a producer of cheap 2.1 kits, but their recent active speaker are great. They have ā€œnormalā€ desk size (1100, 1280, 1580, 1800 and similar), uber fat (2700/2750) and their pro line S2000/3000 sounds phenomenal. Havenā€™t had the chance to hear their AIR line in person.

One of the twisted ideas I had was to run a double setup with the Edifier 2750 connected to my subwoofer (they have sub out, ffs!) for music, and my receiver 5.1 setup for movies.

sny

Been dreaming this ATH-SR30BT against Electrolux vacuum

dang you spent a lot on headphones/earphones

But he still doesnā€™t have a proper headset for using in the toilet. Thatā€™s a must for any serious audiophile.

1 Like

Thatā€™s when I do all my reading.

I didnā€™t say anything about bibliophiles.

I could smell it :smiley:

That was the smell of righteousness

Phenomenal speakers and yes buy in Taiwan at half the price or less than buying outside of Taiwan.

Can try them out in a few shops private sound rooms down near camera street.

I burn through a set of wired headphones for phone what seems like every couple of weeks. Constantly buying new ones and always have one or two sets extra.

Iā€™m surprised I havenā€™t lost one of my bluetooth headphones but unfortunately the battery life isnā€™t long or constant enough so I use wired.

Itā€™s over time, but yes - I love everything A/V.