Health Certificate for Residence Visa Application from UK

Hello!

I hope this topic hasn’t been covered already. I’ve searched the forums but haven’t found anything.

I’m planning to go and study Chinese in Taiwan from September this year for 1 year. I am now making my residence application (I’m doing all this in the UK) and see that there is a health certificate that I need to have completed:

taiwanembassy.org/public/Att … 565771.pdf

The problem is I have absolutely no idea where and who to get to complete this certificate. My GP? I am just wondering are there any members of this forum who have completed the application process in the UK? If so I’d love some advice.

Thank you !

I think it’s possible to do that overseas but I think most have that done in Taiwan for 1500+NT. Contact your school and find out if that is something you need to have done before you arrive. I’m guessing that is something you get done on arrival.

[quote=“simple”]The problem is I have absolutely no idea where and who to get to complete this certificate. My GP? I am just wondering are there any members of this forum who have completed the application process in the UK? If so I’d love some advice.

Thank you ![/quote]

Hello,
Read this and dig a bit more on the following link!

[quote]3. HEALTH REQUIREMENTS (form)
From 20th of August 2009, all applicants who wish to study in Taiwan with an application for resident visa need to have a heath certificate issued within the last 3 mouths. Please download the health requirement form.
Notes :The health certificate should include: an x-ray lung examination (large photo);an HIV check;a stool examination for intestinal parasites (such as Entamoeba histolytic);a regular medical examination (including a psychological evaluation);and a leprosy check. Female students aged between 15 to 49 should also have a medical report showing immunity to rubella or proof of vaccination against rubella. (For more information or to find hospitals that perform health examinations, please refer to the website of the Department of Health’s Center for Disease Control).

source:http://www.roc-taiwan.org/uk/ct.asp?xItem=17831&ctNode=945&mp=132[/quote]

Enjoy your Chinese study in Taiwan :slight_smile:

Given the OP is from the UK and gets 90 days Visa-exempt on entry, extendible to 180 days, I wonder if there is any reason why s/he doesn’t go this route, assuming that during the year they plan to make the odd trip out of Taiwan.

Bringing up this old thread to ask if anyone can confirm that you can do this when you arrive in Taiwan! I’ve asked the school way too much already haha, I kind of feel bad asking them another one.

Thanks!

It’s best to do this in Taiwan when you arrive. Just ask the school which hospital to get your health check at and it’s easy to do.

You seem sure about this! Thanks!

Has anyone done this in their home country? I am having the same issue (posted in another thread but no reply)

Thank you.