Health Check in times of covid?

teachers need health check for work permit. MOE and MOL could have different rules.

Anecdotally, I know a lot of teachers forced to work off the books because it’s currently impossible to do things the legal way. If you DO somehow manage to find a hospital then it’s inevitably swamped with people doing the stupid box-ticking health check.

Got it done at

https://maps.apple.com/?address=No.%20152%20Xinmin%20Road,%20Yilan%20City,%20Yilan%20County%2026042,%20Taiwan&auid=2488850280258331950&ll=24.758099,121.754093&lsp=9902&q=Ilan%20Hospital.%20Doh.%20Ey&_ext=ChgKBAgEEEkKBAgFEAMKBAgGEAoKBAgKEAASJik+vFOI6cA4QDHnT/8h929eQDk6Z59ANsM4QEFHKNI1mXBeQFAE&t=m

Had to make an appointment and it cost $1500 or something

Unfortunately I’m in Taipei.

I actually managed to book a health check only to be told on the day that “health check impossible because level 3”. Arghh!

You should just take the bus to Yilan and get it done if you have the time. The hospital was practically empty. I was completed in about 25 mins

I’ll see if my employer will cover the cost. Only worry is it’s a bit of a crapshoot; I might travel all the way to Yilan only to be told “health check impossible because level 3”.

It’s not too bad, just 120 NTD on the coach and takes about an hour.
I went back to the hospital today to get a vaccine and no issues again. I’d recommend phoning them to get an appointment before you go just so you won’t be disappointed.

I really doubt they will say the health check is impossible, 3 of my mates got it done there this week too.

1 Like

Was able to book an appointment for my health check within a couple days at ShinKong in Shilin. We’ll see how it goes. A little worried since I forgot to ask the price.

Has anyone managed to get a health check in the Taoyuan area? My boss said I don’t need to get my health check until Taiwan returns to Level 2 and my visa/ work permit will be extended. However, I feel uncomfortable waiting.

I did mine yesterday at a hospital here in Kaohsiung (Municipal Min-Sheng Hospital if anyone is looking for one doing it in Kaohsiung), and it struck me even more this time how stupid this health check is. Thank god it’s the last time I need to do it - I get my APRC this year.

No social distancing, huge crowds of people in a small room, just so I can get checked for TB and measles and have a doctor poke me a few times and ask if it hurts.

I haven’t left Taiwan in 2 years… why must I get checked for TB and measles again…

2 Likes

Hey, did you end up getting the health check sorted in the end?

Unfortunately not - still working on it. In the meantime I’ve applied for the 6 month job seeking ARC to tide me over. Not really sure what’s going on with that because, much like the health checks, they’ve just shut down the service without warning. Argh!

Anyone has tried to do a health check for teachers these days? Can it be done now?

I just got back from Mackay Memorial Hospital and they’re still doing health tests.

How to get there

In case anyone is as bad with directions as me, you will want to enter at the Children’s Hospital building. Once you enter, you’ll want to turn left and make your way down the hall until you see escalators.

There are 2 sets of escalators. Make sure they aren’t the ones that only go to the 12th floor. You’ll need to go to the 16th floor.

Once you reach the 16th floor, turn right and grab a number. Afterward, the receptionist will check you in.

Requirements

Teacher health checks are NTD$2050. As someone mentioned earlier, you’ll need your passport, ARC, 3 visa-sized photos, and to answer a decent number of questions.

Some questions they’ll ask you include:

• Whether you’ve had COVID symptoms
  • If you’ve been to any other clinics or hospitals
  • What you’re doing in Taiwan

Residence application

If you need a health check for a residence application, they’ll require you to have Rubella and Measles shots. And they’ll only accept a vaccination certificate as proof.

If you don’t have the certificate, they’ll just check your blood for the antibodies.

Depending on what country you’re from, you won’t have to do parasite or Hansen’s test, which will lower your health check cost from NTD$2390 to NTD$2050.

Teachers don’t have the same requirements as the residence visa, so I don’t know if you’ll pay less due to not having to check for Hansen’s Disease.

I’m sure I missed something, but I hope some of this information helped.

1 Like