Heaters: Who needs 'em?

Unless she is carving logs with a chainsaw, it won’t be enough.

Seriously, I carve wood too, and the shaving and dusts aren’t really enough to feed a wood heater.

I have a big inverter aircon in the new place we moved to. That things blasts out heat.

The title of this thread. I keep thinking of “War - What Is It Good For” from Seinfeld.

Us too. Two of those and two space heaters in two rooms. The girls are warm and I can go around in my boxer shorts all winter.

No umbrella :open_umbrella: no heater :fire: ever… sissy stuffs

2 Likes

I misread: ‘Haters, who needs them?’

3 Likes

I want heated floors in my bathroom. Tried showering in the morning the other day…the water never really got hot and my feet were frozen. That’s not how I like to start my days. I will never forget a few years back when it snowed. That was brutal.

But I lived in Kinmen for a bit. Way more mornings in the single digits than the mainisland. Add the insanely strong wind and scooter as only form of transport and…I don’t know how people live in those traditional Minnan style homes. I really appreciated the heater feature in my a/c. But I think my energy bill for my 套房 was nearly NT3,000 one time because I left it running all the time. I did not care, as I was warm.

You’ve met my brother-in-law!
We basically just use it for really chilly nights, heating a space for two huddled together under the blankets.

I finally broke down and bought a heater for myself and sent it to my in-laws in Hsinchu.

I can stand Kaohsiung’s winter (pretty mild and not very wet), but the two weeks working from home over the Chinese New Year in Hsinchu is brutal every year. So cold my fingers can hardly type at the keyboard, with the only glimpse of warmth being the 10 minute hot shower at the end of the day.

Anyone tried the hairdryer heating?

I misread “Hooters.”

1 Like

May I remind all involved that as per the CWB, the influence of La Niña translates to a colder winter coming up.

So grab your heaters, electric, animal or human.

2 Likes

Friggin’ haters. Don’t you hate them?

I attribute a lot of that to building design. Our (more modern) apartment in Danshui, I’m fine. The in-laws in Yonghe (six-floor walk-up), oof. Visits to them are pretty much the only time I actually feel cold in this country. It makes no sense to me that it feels warmer when we go outside from their apartment at 10pm on a winter’s night.

3 Likes

And people sitting at the GF (1F) with open doors playing mahjong or just doing nothing. Maybe Gaoliang helps.

What’s a good tiny heater that I can place on my desk right by my keyboard to keep my fingers warm?
I feel comfortable with just a fleece long sleeve, sweatpants, and some fuzzy slippers on - but damn my fingers are borderline about to freeze.

1 Like

I haven’t done much work lately. Too cold in the shop and no good heater to allow me to work.

I need them.

Guy

You can search for small heater 電暖器小型

https://www.wonder.tw/wonder/index.php?action=product_detail&prod_no=P0000100000895

https://24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DMAZ0F-A900B1U1C

https://24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DEBQOS-A900B23RC

2 Likes

The ac unit in my bedroom has heat. We used it once last year when it rained for two weeks and temps didn’t go higher than 15C. I’ve yet to use it this year.

We haven’t splurged on a dryer, so we bought a kind of two in one blanket heater/clothes dryer. This thing does wonders and it’s not that expensive.

1 Like

I’m about to quit my office and WFH. Simply too cold in here today.

4 Likes

4 Likes