Hefty fines.....Airport stop?

I recently sold my bike to a friend and wanted to transfer the title. I found that I have been getting tickets for the last year that I had no idea of. Apparently the cameras have a knack for catching or I’m more foolish on the road than i thought. They have stacked up to a hefty fine. I intend on paying this, but I am taking a trip out of the country next week and I am weak on funds at the moment. Will they stop me at the airport and make me pay? I dont want to get there and have to cancel my flight. That would not be cool. Any insight would be great. Thanks!!

I am 99.9% sure that there won’t be any red flags for you. I don’t think their system is that advanced. Not paying your traffic violations isn’t a felony. You will be fine. I am sure many other foreingers have been in your same boat.

As I understand it, the fines actually go with the vehicle, and don’t count against the owner’s driver license. If you have unpaid fines, you can’t sell the vehicle, or renew its registration when due. I don’t believe there is any other penalty, and it’s not a criminal offense. Of course, it’s another matter if you get caught driving the vehicle with expired registration.

At least that’s what I read some years ago - perhaps things have changed.

best regards,
DB

Definitely not.

I have outstanding fines, which are worth more than the bike. Since discovering this I have been in and out of the country several times.
(Someone said to me the other day that it might prevent you from registering another vehicle, but I haven’t confirmed that at all, and anyway, it doesn’t seem to be what you are concerned about.)

Remember, when you’re talking to to the folks at customs, whatever you do, don’t look like the sort of person that rides a motorcycle in the car line, or they’ll be right onto you.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Remember, when you’re talking to to the folks at customs, whatever you do, don’t look like the sort of person that rides a motorcycle in the car line, or they’ll be right onto you.

HG[/quote]
…or drives a car in the motorcycle lane…oh wait…that must be allowed 'cause so many people do it. :moped: