Hello Forumosa!

Hello to all the users of this forum!

In this post I want to introduce myself a bit and just say hello, since I am new to this forum. My name is Sebastian and I am a 27 year old German. I am in Taiwan since January 2007 already and I really do enjoy life here in Taiwan a lot. :slight_smile: Actually I like it so much that I am not so keen on going back to Germany

I am here for several reasons. First of all, my home university in Germany has an exchange program with NTU. I have an office at Taida where I am working on my master thesis in electrical engineering. Next to that, I am studying Chinese language at Shida. Every day two hours in the morning and I enjoy it a lot. You can read about my Shida studies in my personal blog:

themandarinproject.blogspot.com

Hm, what else could I tell you? I enjoy Taiwanese food, but I guess most of you do. I mean, who wouldn’t like that great food? Other hobbies of me are web programming and martial arts. Okay, enough for now, just wanted to say hello! Looking forward to have some interesting conversations here and meet some new people!

Bye, Sebastian

Welcome aboard.

You actually like the food? :loco:
:wink:

Er, have you actually read the garbage we post here?

Er, have you actually read the garbage we post here?[/quote]

Welcome insomniac!

Always ignore the first three posters! :slight_smile:

Er, have you actually read the garbage we post here?[/quote]

Welcome insomniac!

Always ignore the first three posters! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Don’t listen to him. Buy me a drink and I’ll fill you in on the truth about the rest of these guys.

A big drink.

How big?

Welcome, insomniac79.

Best of luck with the Chinese studies.

I look forward to checking out your blog.

[quote=“fee”]Welcome, insomniac79.

Best of luck with the Chinese studies.

I look forward to checking out your blog.[/quote]

Hey Fee, that’s a killer avatar!

I was just reading how Mahayana Buddhism spread through China, japan, Korea and Vietnam in the first couple of centuries AD, and how Hinayana Buddhism spread through Burma, Thailand, Cambodia and Ceylon.

It is really interesting how the two differ, in that the former professed that the Big Guy was a Bodisattva, not unlike myself, and how the latter follwed the historical teachings of the BUddha,literally observed.

Which does your elephant belong to?

Oh, and insomniac, don’t worry when things go off topic. It doesn’t happen very often. :wink:

Oh wow, you forumosans are really fast. Just went to have a late dinner and so many replies! Never gets boring here I guess. :wink: Hm, what kind of a big drink? Like a cocktail or more into the beer section? :slight_smile: Since I am German, I am more into the beer thingy actually. Will start a posting about that later on
hehe!

Bye, Sebastian

It’s not even a thread until Buttercup has posted something non-sequiturish, unfunny and slyly offensive. So welcome aboard.

And EYE am queen insomniac around here. You don’t count 'til you’re getting less than four a night.

[quote=“Buttercup”]It’s not even a thread until Buttercup has posted something non-sequiturish, unfunny and slyly offensive. So welcome aboard.

And EYE am queen insomniac around here. You don’t count 'til you’re getting less than four a night.[/quote]

Haha, good to know! :wink:

I had five last night, and getting rid of them all in the morning was a pain.

Loretta drinks big girlie-fruity drinks with paper umbrellas.

Wilkommen, insomniac79!!! :slight_smile: If you need any help with how to use Forumosa, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Danke schön! :slight_smile: I will ask for sure. Man, you have 7000 (Seven THOUSAND) posts already?? Since when is this forum online???

Danke schön! :slight_smile: I will ask for sure. Man, have 7000 (Seven THOUSAND) posts already?? Since when is this forum online???[/quote]Don’t let the post count impress you: half of those are directions to the sour cream aisle in the grocery.

Shoot, that’s nothing. Some folks here have more posts than they have days on the earth, and in less than a year’s time!

Welcome to the forum. Your life will now pass you by that much faster! :smiling_imp:

Not really. I hacked into the database to up my post count.

Hey

turn down the volume Klaus and tell me what time the freakin’ lesbian pump show starts.

sourfoam.com edicts

1. TomHill is the only good poster.
  2. Good threads are only posted in Temporary Forum (If you are not sure if your thread is good, post it in the Open Forum).
  3. If you are pedantic (that means, ‘nitpicky’ by the way. What you might have thought it meant is in ‘Dating and Relationships’), go to ‘Learning Chinese’. If you are pedantic and boring, go to ‘Teaching in Taiwan’. If you are pedantic, boring and pugilistic, go to ‘International Politics’. If you are pedantic, boring, pugilistic and slutty, then you are Buttercup’s ex-boyfriend and pretending to be German won’t stop me from blowing up your scooter.
  4. Dogs can’t read. Some people have created smerf accounts under their dogs’ names. Do not be alarmed. Although they are deeply disturbing individuals, they are not dangerous.
  5. PM ‘The chief’ if you thought ‘300’ was ghey and if you have any visa questions.
  6. irishstu smells and knows NOTHING about lasers.
  7. The women’s forum has a secret list of which male 'mosans are hot and sexee, but you can’t get in.
  8. There is a secret Taiwan-hating clique. You can’t get in that either, or it wouldn’t be a clique. It involves butter.

There are loads more, but it’s best to start off slowly.