Helmets- bizarre

In my town about 98% of the children don’t wear helmets and about the same number of adults do wear them. Surely the laws include kids. Why wouldn’t you put a helmet on your child? BIZARRE :loco: I live in Dajia, Taichung county and it’s the same here as many places in Taiwan. How about the cities?

I think it’s very crazy. Actually, dangerous and downright stupid, IMO.

But they grow out of them so fast, they just need replacing every other week…

Oh, but I’m just going around the corner to (the 7-11 | granddad’s | the noodle stand). What could possibly happen?

The cops might stop me for not wearing one, but not my kid. That’s all that matters.

Taiwanese antilogic at it’s finest.

Of the 98% of adults wearing a helmet, how many actually fasten the chin strap? It’s all about not getting a ticket, nothing to do with safety.

Helmets? I don’t wear a helmet either in everyday life. I think it would be strange to see people walking around wearing helmets everywhere. Tickets? I can be stopped by the cops for walking down the street without a helmet??

Or do you mean wearing a helmet on a motorcycle? (Seeing that this wasn’t mentioned in the thread and this isn’t the Vroom Vroom forum.)

You know, helmest for little ones are really hard to find. No demand I guess. I agree though, it is quite bizarre seeing a scooter go by with dad driving (99NT helpmet on that wouldn’t save himfrom anything), mom in the back, helmet that is unstrapped, holding 5 motnh old Junior in her arms, and little Suzie standing up front with dad, no helmet of course, grinning the whole way. Oh well, when in Taiwan…

They’re just Finestoppers. Anyway, Taiwanese kids bounce. Didn’t you know that?

But how do you explain the woman I saw driving a car today. She had on a helmet and a face mask. She didn’t have a jacket on backwards but she did have a glove on one of her hands.

[quote=“mikehs”]But how do you explain the woman I saw driving a car today. She had on a helmet and a face mask. She didn’t have a jacket on backwards but she did have a glove on one of her hands.[/quote]Was the glove on the left hand by any chance? I’ve seen this done to ward off the evil sun. Wouldn’t want to spoil that nice white skin with a tan now would we? :unamused:
The helmet thing I have no idea about. :idunno: I don’t know about Taiwan, but it is illegal in the west to drive a car on public roads while wearing a helmet except when the roads are closed for a sanctioned motorsports event.

I must say there are more responsable people on kinmen island they where a helmet on the beach :noway:

Must be dangerous out there :roflmao:

Left hand? Yes. Ok that clears up that part.

Or … maybe this would be a succes in Taiwan … people here have strange priorities …

zoomgear.com

just the other day I saw some using a helmet to hit some other guy on the head (not “helmeted”). ouch… :doh: