Help an aspiring DJ

Me little bro will be here from Dec. 27th till Jan 17th ands wants to get his DJ on in Taipei city. I’m looking for a Segue member or guest that knows a friend of a friend of a friend that knows the guy who owns [insert dance club here] so I could give him or her me little bros demo CD.

I remember reading some posts that said some clubs just played CD’s and didn’t have a DJ some nights so I figured if I went around asking questions I’d be able to find a club that would let him DJ a night or two. Maybe one day I’ll decide not to play counter strike and actually go around and ask questions (not likely), until that day comes, this post will have to do.

Thanks in advance

P.S. He’s bringing his own records.

miltownkid

I could help. Have the little one email me so we can discuss styles and things.

My favorite dj of the moment: K Fancy

Also check out Sneaky Spins.

I’ll post a reply incase you log on as a guest or something.

I don’t have your email address. Could you email it to me?

Thanks

He’s bringing his own records? wow, what a crazy thing for a DJ to do…

unless your DJ brother has played at big clubs, don’t count on getting anything in such a short space of time. most clubs/promoters here are notoriously closed minded about things unless you’re paul oakenfold or something.

michael

[quote=“mmmmichael”]He’s bringing his own records? wow, what a crazy thing for a DJ to do…

unless your DJ brother has played at big clubs, don’t count on getting anything in such a short space of time. most clubs/promoters here are notoriously closed minded about things unless you’re paul oakenfold or something.

michael[/quote]

Have you no faith in the force? I know he’d do it for free just so he could say “I’ve spun in Taiwan.” It doesn’t have to be at a huge club. He’s spun at the biggest clubs in Milwaukee,WI (ooooh, wow I know) and he’ll be spinning at some club in Mineapolis that holds 1200 people or sumptin. This thought is off the notion that a lot of clubs here don’t have DJ’s on certain nights. I know that if I knew the right person, I’d have no problem getting him some time some where. This post is assisting my search to find that right person. If nothing comes of it that’s ok.

It’s not what you know (how good you are), it’s who you know.

But, thanks for your insight :smiley:

P.S. The bringing his own records thing was to let people know I wasn’t posting: Hey, my brother DJ’ed once and it would be cool if he could come here and… Whatever, I just thought it’d make it a more serious request.

Thanks again :smiley:

B1 needs a decent 10pm-1am DJ to replace the inept, rhythmless fool they have DJing at the moment. (In my opinion). Unfortunately, the staff assert that he is very famous in Taiwan.

Anyway, I think Michael is right, too hard to get a temporary gig. I do know the previous barman at B1 though, so I’ll ask him if there’s a possiblity. But probably not…

I called me bro to see what “style” of music he played. The answer I got was “Mostly deep techno house and deep jazzy house”. Hope that helps.

I know and thanks. He emailed me and I’m getting a couple of things set up for him. Should be fun.

For any seguest’s that’d like to see some miltown DJ action, catch me bro at Citizen Cain next saturday for no cover from 11pm-1am, then run over to 12 Monkeys (formally Spin) to see him headline from 1:30am-3:30am (350 cover).

If anyone was at Citizen Cain last night from 10 till about 2 that was me brother you saw.

Thanks Muffin :smiley: :wink:

I was there and Elliot is smoooooth.

For your info, this Saturday Elliot will be spinning again Citizen Cain. It’s a new, lounge-like place with good drinks and food. It’s small but not loud–you can hold a conversation without having to shout over the music. All for no cover. What could be better?

How about having miltownkid showing the Segue crowd some of his B-Boy skillsthis Saturday night as his little bro DJs?

Citizen Cain
Dong Fong St. #67
(Just south of Ren Ai Rd. and just west of Dunhua S. Rd.)
2706-2162

Ok, it’s on! I might even have to buy a new pair of Puma’s for this one.

Citizen Cain is a bit small for breakin’, but will will try my best to please with some up-rockin’.
:laughing:

yo dude i wish i was there to witness it all…and maybe put in a little work on the tables myself…

one love

I just want to say thanks to all those who supported. I had a blast out there and I cant wait till next time :!: :smiley: