Help Buying a Monitor, Which Would You Buy, Why?

Just wanted to point out the MSI you linked does not support HDR.

But also, HDR is nice and all (maybe for the PS4), but when using it in a work-setting in non-hdr content (like documents, browsing web, etc) I’ve found having HDR enabled is just an annoyance because the brightness and color settings basically become locked: to most monitors enabling “HDR” means full brightness and very white whites.
What I mean to say is that I can’t keep watch at a HDR enabled screen on a 27" monitor at desktop-computer distance for a long time because it is too damn bright.

But again, for some PS4 or PC HDR enabled games (if you have the graphics card) it might look nice.

1 Like

Which of the 2 MSI posted above?

PS4 is out of the equation now after realizing it doesnt work on a 1440p monitor.

The cheaper one. And it is not wise to bother about hdr as one mentioned above, especially on a 27 one . If you would, buy a cheaper 4K tv possibly second one to enjoy movies or games.

2 Likes

For gaming, I think the focus is on refresh rate and response time.

I use an old TV for gaming on an xbox and there’s some games where the delay between the console and the TV is actually noticeable, like with bullet hell games. That and my reaction times are awful, I mean, this message is a solid nine hours after the last one

I’m using this: ViewSonic VX3276-2K-mhd 32" 1440p Entertainment Monitor - ViewSonic Global

It’s a 2K 32" display, and I’m sure it could look better but I have zero complains. I don’t sit very close to me and I don’t see the pixels. There might be some benefit of having a 4K, probably, but I don’t think it would make a huge difference for productivity and light media edition. and while I found it huge when I started to use it, now I wouldn’t go back to anything smaller. I pair it with a 23" 1920x1080, they make a good combo.

1 Like

I bought an Asus ProArt 278QV around two years ago. I wish I had the money for a monitor with a better color accuracy, but I’m still very happy with mine.

3 pages at 100% in Word. InDesign around 95%

Perfect for that use.

It’s not the fastest monitor. I have only played point and click adventures, so no complains.