Help! Leaving the Country as a dual citizen questions

[quote=“Hartzell”]Sandman is correct. All persons of ROC nationality are completely equal under the law. READ THE FIRST FEW ARTICLES OF THE ROC CONSTITUTION.

Sandman is correct. You don’t have to leave, and you are entitled to an ID card immediately … and if you don’t like this interpretation, complain to the Taiwanese government officials of your choice … because they are violating the Constitution.[/quote]
I already have my ID card, that is not the problem. But because I have it I am compelled to do the military service in Taiwan if I am here for more than 4 months. Thus staying here means I need to leave the country every 3 or so months. This is not a question of equality, I was asking for information.

Wow really pissed aren’t you. I am sorry I make you feel that way, so now you have a DISLIKE for GAY people too? How about JEWS and BLACK people?? Wanna make another clever comment? You"re a real man aren’t you, I bet all the limp-wristed panty-waist Taiwanese ladies are all over you at the bars but don’t you need to be in pre-school to use that kinda comment??

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“naruto”]it seems to me Poagao REALLY HATES ABCs or CBCs

Wow really pissed aren’t you. I am sorry I make you feel that way, so now you have a DISLIKE for GAY people too??[/quote]
Naruto’s doing such a fine job of making his position clear, I don’t feel the need to say anything at all. :slight_smile:

…but you did, homophobe much or just a bigot? :bravo: Anyway I see that “selective reading” is your problem I know some teachers in remedial classes that may be able to help you out. :wink:

And back to your original question…Are you talking about the Keelung port? Are you doing the float out and float back thing? Why don’t you call immigration there and ask them?

Why are you all pouncing on him for being a draft dodger? He didn’t write these draconian laws on dual citizenship.

It’s like living on the opposite side of the tracks. Each side will never truly understand how each other lives. I’ve heard of these 2 or 3 day gambling boat cruises for people who don’t or can’t fly out. Much cheaper than the HK or Okinawa jump. Any travel agency can help you with that.

My suggestion to Naruto is the same as yours, ask immigration. Or ask the travel agents.

Its unfortunate but I think its been happening recently when new members rush in and ask a question in a somewhat inappropriate place or else without taking the temperature and getting a feel for the culture of the website and its different forums. Heck, we`ve been toasting a (mainland) Chinese in the Learning Chinese Forum for a few weeks now. :blush: s

This forum is about dual nationality issues so you can expect that that`s what people will focus on here.

I understand why naruto is reacting the way he is. And I get the points others are making here too. But naruto, youre digging a bigger and bigger hole for yourself in the presumptions youre making about the posters who are flaming you… because, amazing as it seems, you`re making wrong assumptions about them almost every time!

There is a whole forum on Military Conscription issues on this site. Better try there!

Heres the link to an old post giving the name of a guy who might know the answer to your question. Dont know if the contact information is still valid though:
[[Conscript] avoiding military service

Gay people? I don’t know any gay people who are limp-wristed panty-waist girly-boys. Only you, and you never said you were gay.
Anyway, advice: why don’t you just eat like a pig until you’re too fat to serve? That’s a pretty common thing for the weasels to do. Of course, you might do permanent damage to your health, but draft-dodgers are pretty worthless creatures anyway, so it would be no great loss.

Guys, Naruto is asking a question, a request for information. He’s not that acquainted with Forumosa and he’s also missing the humour or sarcasm as indicated by smileys ( :wink: ). But, COME ON! Why are you being so hard on the guy?

He’s Taiwanese but holds the passport to another country, so he can avoid the draft. I’d take advantage of that. Wouldn’t you? Forumosa is a great place to get information and also a great place to have battle royales. But, does one necessarily have devolve into the other? Poor guy is getting the wrath of people who don’t like the way the Taiwanese government makes it hard for long-timers to have full rights here. It isn’t his fault.

CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :angel: :laughing:

Thanks to the last 3 guys that replied, Flick, Isieh and in part Kategelan. A honorable mention to rooftop.

I got the info I wanted, fortunately I did not only rely on this forum for some info. If anyone else wants to know, feel free to drop me a line. As for the assumptions I’m making they may be wrong Kategelan, but I’m not lashing at those people, I’m lashing at their reaction to a simple question. It feels to me like the post went something like this

Mr. A:Where can I buy a hat?
Mr. B: Why do you need a hat?
Mr. C: Hats are stupid
Mr. D: I bet you don’t need a hat and you probably have a black suit. I hate people with black suits because they don’t belong in the tree…
…etc…etc do you catch my drift??

I’m pretty sure that those who know you will appreciate your support but it does not improve the impression they left on me. They clearly expressed their views which were mostly hostile on an issue that wasn’t there to start with. I wonder if thats how some of these people trully feel about these issues? I wonder if I ever met some of these people face-on, would they have said the same things or if a faceless web-persona too comfortable to hide behind?

Senior member, Moderator or newbie, respect is earned. Not by lame attempts at intelligent remarks but rather useful advice that has practical application. Thanks to those that really did try to help, Kategelan thanks for shedding some light onto the situation but there’s no need to understand me and slap my wrist just in case someone is looking. Make your statement and be happy with it. I made mine and I’ll live with it.

Indeed it is. And not by shirking your responsibilities.

Gay people? I don’t know any gay people who are limp-wristed panty-waist girly-boys. Only you, and you never said you were gay. Anyway, advice: why don’t you just eat like a pig until you’re too fat to serve? That’s a pretty common thing for the weasels to do. Of course, you might do permanent damage to your health, but draft-dodgers are pretty worthless creatures anyway, so it would be no great loss.[/quote]
blah blah blah blah blah :noway:

An honorable mention? :frowning: Well, better than nothing. :wink:

This how you earn yours?? Done anything pro-Taiwan lately? Remember: Checking out the ladies or girly boys doesn’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm should have rephrased that to “and the no.1 award goes to…(drumroll)… ROOFTOP!!!” :notworthy: :bravo: :laughing: :notworthy: Sorry only got to read your post after I wrote mine^^

This how you earn yours?? Done anything pro-Taiwan lately?[/quote]
I’m not seeking your respect, sweetbuns – it’s worthless. And yes, bowbeating draft-dodging weasels who refuse to live up to their civic duty is indeed pro-Taiwan.

This how you earn yours?? Done anything pro-Taiwan lately?[/quote]
I’m not seeking your respect, sweetbuns – it’s worthless. And yes, bowbeating draft-dodging weasels who refuse to live up to their civic duty is indeed pro-Taiwan.[/quote]
Well them I’m not far off; taking the piss out of an arrogant-si-lao-wai-here-for-a-easy-ride means I’m doing mine, besides I’m going on my trip now. See ya old man, don’t let a flaky skin and wasting what precious time you have left on this forum get to ya.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“rooftop”]Guys, Naruto is asking a question, a request for information. He’s not that acquainted with Forumosa and he’s also missing the humour or sarcasm as indicated by smileys ( :wink: ). But, COME ON! Why are you being so hard on the guy?

He’s Taiwanese but holds the passport to another country, so he can avoid the draft. I’d take advantage of that. Wouldn’t you? Forumosa is a great place to get information and also a great place to have battle royales. But, does one necessarily have devolve into the other? Poor guy is getting the wrath of people who don’t like the way the Taiwanese government makes it hard for long-timers to have full rights here. It isn’t his fault.

CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? :angel: :laughing:[/quote]
Hey Mr. Voice of Reason, did you walk into the wrong room? :sunglasses: