Help: Need a Decent, Western-style Cake for Tonight

Is there a decent bakery somewhere in Taichung that has good, Western-styled cake for a decent price? I don’t really want anything creamy or loaded with icing (ie. 85°C). Just cake cake, if you know what I mean. Finga’s is out because they’re too expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dang if I can only remember the name, but TAichung has (or did in 99) have 2 branches of a store that sells exclusively american items. And they have fantastic cakes and pies. I just cant remember street names…drat…but one big store was off Taichungkang road, not far from downtown. Sorry cant be more specific. If the name comes to me in the next hour or so I will add it to this post.

Gee Tommy. That’s really helpful. Don’t you have a YouTube video of the place?

Ya haha sorry, I guess its hard to be more vague :frowning:

but hey? wasnt there a thread bout this pie and cake making outfit that sell out of a truck? And they are based in Taichung?? welll voila?? there u go?

Thanks anyway. Your post did make me chuckle.

You’re not thinking of the old BBR by the canal, are you?

Whats BBR? This store wasnt near a canal tho.

Did you mean, uh, Sugar and Spice? (Is that the right name?). There’s a few of them around, but they’re hella expensive for what you get.

BBR was a bakery just off of Tai Zhong Gang Rd., next to the canal. I think the name was an abreviation of the colors of the French flag (bleu, blanc, rouge; or is that blanc, bleu, rouge?). It made decent Western-styled cakes and breads, then it switched ownership (I think, because their products started to take on a more Taiwanese style after that). I think it’s closed now.

I never thought of Sugar and Spice, but, yeah, they’re expensive.

How about the basement of Mitsukoshi?