Help with document authentication in Africa

I’m from Sierra Leone west Africa a radio and TV broadcaster and i just got married to my Taiwanese wife. We did the married in Jakarta Indonesia since the process of getting married in Taiwan was difficult for me and plus she’s pregnant presently and doctor advised me not to let her travel on long distance flight. That’s why we got married in Jakarta all the documents i got in Jakarta Indonesia have been will be Authenticated soon. But I’m really confused about how to auttenticat my criminal record certificate. I have registered my married in my home country. I have the certificate but there is no office in Sierra Leone and the only office that cover my country is in Nigeria. I contact them they told me the office is not working presently due to the unfriendly relationship with the Taiwan government and Nigeria government. So the refar me to contact Taipei office in South Africa. I contacted them by email. They told me Sierra Leone in not under there jurisdistion. I’m really confused about what to do where to go auttenticat them.

Really need some help on here.

Did you already contact to Boca (bureau of consular affairs) Taipei Headquarters, Ministry of Foreign Affair, ROC? I think they can tell you where you can get your documents authenticated.

Address
3-5 Fl, No. 2-2, Section 1, Jinan Rd, Taipei City, Taiwan(R.O.C)
Phone
(+886) 2- 23432888
Fax
(+886) 2- 23432968
Service Hour
Monday ~ Friday 08:30~17:00
Help Line
(+886) 3- 393-2628
(+886) 3- 398-2629
(+886) 3- 398-5805
Email
post@boca.gov.tw

2 Likes

I have not yet contact them thanks so much will let you know anything.

Hi please can someone please help me out about Authenticating my documents and from Sierra Leone Cuzco like i sad there is no embassy of the Taipei around my country and the other embassy i the knew before is close already have and i the Have contacted the Bocas but no response yet so please i the will truly appreciate if someone check about it for me Cuzco my wife just get confused about it she try to call but the people can’t explain anything that she could understand. Really need some details and directions please thanks in advance

Hi Dabor,

It is still the weekend in Taiwan and most government officials don’t work on weekends. Give it another 2-3 days, you’ll probably get a response.

Happy Sunday to Sierra Leone Cuzco,

Roofy

I checked Boca’s page, and it is Taipei Representative Office in the U.K. .

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-206-3922-b7899-2.html

Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.
United Kingdom(including Guernsey、Jersey)and North Ireland excluding Scotland、North England( above Durham and Cumbria)and Isle of Man,also cover British Virgin Islands、Cayman Islands、Seychelles、Sierra Leone、Ghana、Falkland Islands、British Turks and Caicos Islands

Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.

50 Grosvenor Gardens London SW1W 0EB United Kingdom
Phone (002-44-20) 78812650
Fax (002-44-20) 77303139
Emergency TEL Cellular : (002-44) 7768-938765 In U. K. : 07768-938765
Service Hours Monday~Friday 09:30-12:30
Email consular.gbr@mofa.gov.tw
Web Site http://www.roc-taiwan.org/uk/

For your wife’s information,

https://www.boca.gov.tw/sp-foof-arealp-Africa-1.html

中華民國駐奈及利亞聯邦共和國商務代表團
(該館處目前暫時停止運作,相關領務業務由其他館處暫代) 奈及利亞全境,兼理喀麥隆、貝南、迦納、甘比亞、賴比瑞亞、獅子山。 (該處目前暫時停止對外運作,奈及利亞、迦納、喀麥隆等領務業務改由駐南非共和國臺北聯絡代表處兼轄;結婚面談事務改由駐布吉納法索大使館兼轄。甘比亞、賴比瑞亞改由駐南非共和國臺北聯絡代表處兼轄;獅子山改由駐英國代表處兼轄

1 Like

The point is that authenticating is not that simple, normally every office has a book of signatures and stamps of people in the ministry of foreign affairs of your country involved in authentication, so they can check if all the stamps, chops and signatures are real.

South Africa wouldn’t have that book. Only the office in charge of your region.

I have checked the page but Sierra Leone is not on there but i the Have contacted them just waiting for there reply. Please guys help check for solutions. Thanks

I am sure you can get your documents authenticated at the Taipei Representative Office in the UK. Check this page.

http://www.roc-taiwan.org/uk_en/post/19.html

The TRO also accepts authentication applications originating from the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos, the Falkland Islands, Sierra Leone, and Seychelles.

Contact the Taipei Representative Office
email: consular.gbr@mofa.gov.tw
Telephone: +44(0)20 7881 2650
Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 12:30pm (Last entry before 12pm)
Excluding UK bank holidays, Chinese New Year, and ROC National Day (10th October)

1 Like

There is an embassy in Burkina Faso. Sierra Leone isn’t listed as being in their region, but could be worth asking.

http://www.taiwanembassy.org/bf_fr/index.html

OK guys thanks for your help will keep keeping in touch with the UK Taipei office i saw Sierra Leone on the list of Taipei office in UK. I will let you guys know whatever comes out. Thanks

Hi guys i have contacted the Taipei office in United Kingdom they assured me that they can Authenticate the criminal record. Thanks for your direction guys.
But I have a question i have registered our married certificate in my home country do i need to Authenticate that certificate as well? Cuz the documents is coming from my government registry of married office.

Cuz i explain to them the documents i want to Authenticate there was the can Authenticate the criminal record certificate.

Can someone help his own ideas about it.

Best regards :raised_hands:

I think all the documents issued by your government need to be authenticated. The TRO in the UK will surely authenticate your marriage certificate too.

I suppose you should ask the people in London if they need any special documents or stamps from the Sierra Leonean or Indonesian authorities before they do the authentication.