Herbal Essences in Taiwan

Hi all, i’m going to taipei in a week. I was wondering whether the shampoo and conditioner brand, Herbal Essences, can be found there? specifically the the Hello Hydration conditioner because its my favorite. if not, i want to bring it with me since i’ll be in taipei for the whole summer.

COSTCO, but fragance choices are limited.

I buy my Herbal Essences at Capitan Supermarket, at Cotsco and Jason’s Market.
But they have only the Herbal Essence Dangerously Straight (Pink bottle) and the Body Envy Volumous Hair serie (Orange Bottle) and also the blue bottle. I can’t find the Hydralicious ones here. At Jason’s market you can also find Garnier Shampoo, Aussie which is very good also.
At Capitan supermarket, they sell the same line of Herbal Essence but made in Japan, everything written in Japanese but the products are really good if not superior to the American made Herbal Essences. Last month I got the Body Envy hair mask in an orange tube, the mask is sort of green pastel, but that thing soften my hair wonderfully.
At Sogo Department Store you can find Matrix Sleek Look, Redken, and other high brands.

A bottle of Herbal Essence Shampoo at Jason’s market is NT$ 199. At Costco you can find the big bottle.

And there are lots of Pantene Pro-V in the grocery stores but be aware, they dry and damage your hair.

At Jason’s market they sell a lot of Australian brand shampoo like Nature’s Gate which is really mild and smells great but you need to wash the hair frequently.

About the Herbal Essences, I only found this line in Taiwan. The one you mention, I never saw it in Taiwan.

Daisy: Capitan Supermarket? Where’s that? :eh:

As Daisy says, there are lots of options here, you might find something really nice. I am experimenting with Japanese brands right now, and I am very impressed.

The Japanese do make some impressive hair care and facial care products. I like some Shiseido products quite a bit. You will not be able to bring full bottles of shampoo with you, at least if you’re comming from the States–nothing over three ounces, remember? If you do bring shampoo, be sure to double or tripple zipplock baggie it, just in case. Changes in temperature and air pressure can expand product and cause spills. I was very greatful once for a zipplock baggie that saved a suitcase worth of my wardrobe.

[quote=“Icon”]Daisy: Capitan Supermarket? Where’s that? :eh:

As Daisy says, there are lots of options here, you might find something really nice. I am experimenting with Japanese brands right now, and I am very impressed.[/quote]

Capitan used to be called Yumoawu. It’s a Japanese supermarket - I only know where the Changhua and Taichung ones are.

[quote=“Icon”]Daisy: Capitan Supermarket? Where’s that? :eh:

As Daisy says, there are lots of options here, you might find something really nice. I am experimenting with Japanese brands right now, and I am very impressed.[/quote]

It was previously calle Yumaowu, Japanese supermarket, now they changed the name. You can find it at Park Lane Mall, at 68 Gongyi Rd (near Nova and computer stores, some blocks away from Sogo at Taichung). Tel.: 04-2328-1000
They have Herbal Essences imported from Japan, but only this line with a pink, orange and blue bottle.

I used to buy Dove, Pantene and other grocery store shampoo, but the quality is really bad, turned my hair into hay. They spend lots of money in advertisement for a crap product. Now I buy the ones that you don’t see at TV.

But now you can find Elseve in Carrefour which is not bad for a grocery store shampoo. I tried the Liss Intensive from Elseve and the results are good. Also the Shiseido Tsubaki, the white bottle with amino is good. The red Tsubaki was too heavy on my hair, I started to lose some hair because of the oil of Tsubaki there and I stopped using the red one.

At Sogo Taichung at the 13th floor they have the high-end brands, Biolage, Redken Matrix, Welleda, Finessee, and the Japanese ones.