Herbivore men and carnivorous women (肉食系の女性)

So Japanese has the term, Herbivore men for some young passive man . Taiwan seems has man like this, does your home nations have this. Seems at least in Japan most, but not all women not like this kind of man thus more singles (some women: A similar term denoting more proactive and assertive women is carnivorous women (肉食系の女性, Nikushoku-kei no josei )

about

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ve heard the exact same phrase in Chinese.

Seems to be a thing in the West, too, where they’re (often) quite literally herbivores.

1 Like

Toxic masculinity is gross.

3 Likes

Is anything toxic not gross?

2 Likes

Mercury is pretty cool

ETA: apparently a toxin is biologically produced, therefore mercury doesn’t qualify. Dammit.

5 Likes

I guess the equivalent pejoratives are soy boy and cougar, although some view the latter as a positive.

2 Likes

I guess it really both, can be positive or a turn off depending on the person but always good to be real, but so far from replies a world wide trend (well for the most part, a few place remain traditional)

Also not sure cougar= carnivorous women (which can be any age)

1 Like

It’s certainly toxic!

It’s funny to me that Japan is only now realizing that not all women are passive and not all men are assertive.

In other countries, we already knew this a long time ago.

3 Likes

Chicks dig Shaft. :clown_face:
Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft (1971) (youtube.com)

In terms of global food systems and climate change, if more people were herbivores, it would almost certainly be a positive. :person_shrugging:

Guy

2 Likes

This English word avoids both gender and diet related arguments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does Japan also realise that genitals don’t look like the Minecraft pickaxe?

There’s asexuality, then there’s “too expensive, too much hassle”

3 Likes

Herbivore men vs carnivore women reminds me of the zeFrank angler fish video, where the likely fate of such males puts a furrow in the forehead.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Not about men and women

I think it funny the terms they use in Japanese to describe personality types, there was a part in James Mays “our man in Japan” where they tried to explain it to him and referred to him as a “cabbage roll boy”.

A video about Why Aren’t Japanese Men Interested in Sex? | Japan’s Herbivore Men Epidemic

4 Likes

i can only get so turned on DK please I’m at work you can’t talk about dominant women to me at a time like this

This thread title just sounds like crazy ladies who murders and eats her boyfriend.

Rabbits are herbivores, and rabbits fuck like…well, rabbits. :rabbit:

2 Likes