Here she comes, Miss... oh, her?

Not really the best choice I thought. Nice skin tone, but not exactly what I’d call graceful.

When is an Asian-American goddess (there are so many of them) going to win Miss America? Well, IMO, the lovliest ones rarely win beauty pagents.

With all the lovely xiao-jies in Taiwan, a relatively average-looking Beverly Chen was chosen Miss Taiwan (aka Miss Chinese Taipei):

Maybe they scored high in the talent competition.

What’d you expect? A binlang shi shr?

[quote=“fredericka bimmel”]What’d you expect? A binlang shi shr?[/quote]That’s not beauty either, despite what the locals say.

Even a girl-next-door cutie like pop star Sun Yen-zi (you’ve seen her in the Fossil watch ads in the MRT stations… currently at Hsi-Men… not that I notice) would better represent beauty in Taiwan.

What a cutie!

I don’t know why they’re called beauty contests, or at least how they choose the contestants – none of the women in your original post are what I’d describe as beautiful by any stretch of the imagination, and the only remotely fun part of beauty contests on TV is to see how positively strange many of the contestants look.
As for the girly in your last post, I can only guess that she doesn’t care enough about the starving kids in Biafra or about world peace to cut it in the beauty world.

And as a Singaporean she couldn’t really represent Taiwan anyway. :wink:

[quote]Even a girl-next-door cutie like pop star Sun Yen-zi (you’ve seen her in the Fossil watch ads in the MRT stations… currently at Hsi-Men… not that I notice) would better represent beauty in Taiwan.
[/quote]

Apparently she’s taking some time off from singing now. Can’t remember where she’s from…Shanghai? She’s got a nice voice and a cool live act, but the dress sense of an ABBA fan unfortunately.
Now that I think of it I don’t seem to know any famous Taiwanese females who could pass as Miss Taiwan. Do you think they would accept Jay as a stand-in?

edit: ah Singapore, knew it was some Asian place with an “S”

How about A-mei? She’s not bad, and as a real native Abbo she can hardly get more Taiwanese.

[quote=“twonavels”]Apparently she’s taking some time off from singing now. Can’t remember where she’s from…Shanghai? She’s got a nice voice and a cool live act, but the dress sense of an ABBA fan unfortunately.
Now that I think of it I don’t seem to know any famous Taiwanese females who could pass as Miss Taiwan. Do you think they would accept Jay as a stand-in?

edit: ah Singapore, knew it was some Asian place with an “S”[/quote]Can we get her to immigrate?

Oh yeah, who the h*ll would want to leave Singapore to immigrate to TW :wink:

Sun Yen-Zi is a skinny girl, too skinny IMO (no, I am not jealous of her :unamused: ) but I must agree that A-Mei would be a good representative for Taiwan, even Jolin would be a good choice?! But trust me, as long as China is in the compeitition, Taiwan will never have a chance of winning. They will do EVERYTHING not to let us win, or even then judges wouldn’t.

So lets have our own Taiwanese beauty contest now :smiley:

Nominations so far:

Ah-Mei

I’ll nominate Xu Qi (because I can’t think of anyone else right now).

brian

I nominate Ju Mei-feng. She’ll kick ass in the talent division!

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]So lets have our own Taiwanese beauty contest now :smiley:

Nominations so far:

Ah-Mei

I’ll nominate Xu Qi (because I can’t think of anyone else right now).

brian[/quote]

Sorry, Brian just aint’ gonna get through the qualifying rounds – too much stubble and not enough tits. :wink: