Hess banner

dear everybody that can read,
i hate hess. i hate GVC. i hate KoJen. i hate all of them. they are mother you know what-ers! i would rather eat camel shit than work for them. i hope they all know this. they suck!! can’t thnk of anything else to say. in assertiveness therapy. how am i doing?

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Do all the banner sites actually have our banner on their sites?
[/quote]

www.alleycatstaipei.com does.

:wink:

I just noticed Hess banner ads on forumosa. They should definitely pay to help support forumosa. Not because Hess is bad but because Hess makes money and can afford it. Smaller entrepreneurial start up companies should get free or discounted banners, large corporations should pay full market rates. IMHO.

Hello everybody, I’m planning to sign a one-year contract with Hess after I graduate with my BA. I came across this forum after browsing the Hess site. I think this is a great community.
The reasons I’m considering signing with Hess are obvious; I’m not about to spend 400 dollars for a one-way ticket to somewhere far from home to live for a year if I’m not convinced they are a reputable organization. The website suggests they have the resources to run a legitimate, professional operation. I do not have any contacts in Taiwan, so I would need assistance in obtaining Visas and legal documents. Another reason Hess is at the top of my list is they help file the necessary paperwork for you. What would I do if I went with another company that doesn’t help you, and I’m in a jam? I’d be S.O.L.
And finally, they pick up part of the cost of insurance, which will help my bottom line. I try to keep things as simple as possible, and this appears to be my best bet.
I’m planning on coming to Taiwan to experience a new culture, and to hopefully travel the Pacific Rim. I’ll step off the plane with an open mind, alot of patience, and a smile. :thumbsup:
Mike in Chicago

[quote=“Underwriter”]Hello everybody, I’m planning to sign a one-year contract with Hess after I graduate with my BA. I came across this forum after browsing the Hess site. I think this is a great community.
The reasons I’m considering signing with Hess are obvious; I’m not about to spend 400 dollars for a one-way ticket to somewhere far from home to live for a year if I’m not convinced they are a reputable organization. The website suggests they have the resources to run a legitimate, professional operation. I do not have any contacts in Taiwan, so I would need assistance in obtaining Visas and legal documents. Another reason Hess is at the top of my list is they help file the necessary paperwork for you. What would I do if I went with another company that doesn’t help you, and I’m in a jam? I’d be S.O.L.
And finally, they pick up part of the cost of insurance, which will help my bottom line. I try to keep things as simple as possible, and this appears to be my best bet.
I’m planning on coming to Taiwan to experience a new culture, and to hopefully travel the Pacific Rim. I’ll step off the plane with an open mind, alot of patience, and a smile. :thumbsup:
Mike in Chicago[/quote]

Mike, they don’t offer anything that most every other good school would offer.

Aye, but the keyword in your reply is “good” and prospects like Mike are not in the position to know which schools are good and which should be avoided. This is where we tip our hats to the Hippo people

What Mike describes is a prudent choice. Remember: he’s probably only signing up for a 1 year contract anyway. Hopefully, he’ll have enough time to find those other good schools that you allude to – but cannot point out.

From across the Pacific, for someone bereft of local contacts and relatives, Hess is undoubtedly the best, most responsible and sanest choice. Judging by website alone (which is not an ideal strategy, but you take what you are dealt with), Hess would seem to be the only choice. The others pale by comparison. JMO

Now point Mike over to some place where he can make a real comparison, and then you have a point. Until then, you’re blowing bubbles, Bubba