HEY! Go-Karting is AWESOME! (Free ride from Taipei offered)

Was quite cold, so there weren’t many people.

By the time we got on the track(5 p.m.), everyone else had left.

The counter guy was very nice though, as he gave us a lift back to the train station.

In fact, all the staff seemed very nice.

I almost went~ I got as far as MiaoLi… then decided to play around a little more on the 3 before heading to DaKen, then TianNeng, then home via 136 ~~ :stuck_out_tongue: I’m kinda broke atm, so I could afford the petrol, but not the karts~

I went to go kart in taichung on saturday.

I’m allways used to be the fastest or one off the fastest even on tracks I newer ben befour.

I did a few laps to get used to the layout and then started pushing, but it just went slower and slower and then I spun off the track. I was not even able to get a hang on the car infront off me.

When the sesion ended I went to take a piss and when I got out off the restrom it all went black and I don’t have mutch memory except my gf and her sister asking me if I hit my head and if we nead to go to hospital.

They got me into the car and once sitting my head become clear again.
I used to be able to drive two heats without being any tired, but this time I passed out and my whole body hurts.

Steped on the weigh last nigh and got confirmed that 70kg off beef turned into 62kg off skin, bone and some fatt.

My gf was scared and now it look like she will take me to gym instead off draging me over to her parents all the time and make me eat unhealthy food. Best thing that ever hapend to me.

Alright it’s Thursday now. And this should be early enough notice to get the go-kart gang together. It’s supposed to be cold, but sunny this weekend. And I plan on going to Jhunan Karting…and hope the rest of you do too. It’s been awhile…and it will be interesting riding the karts without sweating for a change…and seeing how the tires perform in this lower temperatures.

X-08, heed, Nonsewhatever, Llary…you guys in?

nah~ I gotta take it easy on the bike atm… it’s service time fo’ sure… and I’m dead broke this month thanks to that lovely little thing called Chinese New Year (and being hit below the belt last month by the health care card - long but short story)… most I’m gunna be doin’ this month is around the 136…

Hey guys! Two months no posts in this thread…oh the shame!

Big news…the Jhunan go-kart track has moved…well the track didn’t move…it’s still in the same spot…but the management moved to a brand new track. Also in Jhunan. But it’s supposed to be bigger and better.

The new track also has other activities aimed at bringing along the whole family with something fun for everyone. Like hiking trails, and mountain biking rentals…and fishing :unamused: and maybe other stuff.

I’m heading there this Saturday with a bunch of “big” bikes as well as a scooter group. Should be very busy and active.

Don’t ask me where the new track is…cause I don’t know. I think we’re going to head to the old track…and there will be a map there…then we’ll use that to find the new one…there are within a couple of KM of one another.

Sorry… would love to go… but my broken thumb keeps telling me no… so I’m out for another 2-3 months…

The pieces of bone and tendon that used to be called my right shin and are now held together by metal and screws prevents me from kicking your arses. Riding on shit, half inflated tyres is not big or clever, just sore and costly. I’ll be out for a couple of months too.

That’s terrible. Sorry to hear about it…so next time don’t tell me! Haha…get it? Hope everything turns out alright…and at least you have one of the hottest girlfriends I’ve ever seen to take care of you…speaking of which…what’s her number?

So what about you Nonsequitor? What did you break?

Ummm, no comment… :stuck_out_tongue:

anyone heading out to the gokart tracks from taipei? me and some friends would really like to check out either track this weekend. do y’all have any addressess or directions to the original zhunan track or the new one mordeth mentioned a few posts back? many thanks!

-chris

I heard that there’s a go-karting place in Xindian? I couldn’t find mention of that in this thread… Another place that had go-karting was Taoyuan?

Confirm/deny? :help:

TIA

While out riding with MJB a few weeks back, we went past a track very near Longtan. Had scooters racing on it at the time. I might be able to dig out a Google Earth location.

Edit: Here it is: Note the GPS coordinates bottom left. The track is right beside the #3 Freeway, just before the toll gate south of Longtan. Looks like you’d have to exit at Longtan to get to it.

Hadn’t noticed that this thread had got so long. More than 20 pages can get tricky to manage from a technical point of view, so I’m locking this thread and starting a fresh one:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?p=709475