HHR through grandparents

My kids under 5 and I both have NWOHR through my mother. I understand that since I am not a minor I must complete 365 days in Taiwan or 270 days per year for two years etc.

But is it possible for my minor kids to gain HHR through my mother aka they’re grandparents?

Please advise

1 Like

Do you mean if the kids have nwhor passports get visa and tarc and live with grandparents then get HHR and ID card yes They can do that. I was told my grand kids could do that by household registration office.

Do you know what the process for that is? They have the entry permit in their passport if that’s what you’re talking about.

Do they need TARC since they are under 18?

I believe so.

How to apply for TARC
Instructions on Document Submission in Applications for Residence or Extension of Residence or Change of Reason for Residence in the Taiwan Area by R.O.C. (Taiwan) Nationals Without Household Registration in the Taiwan Area

How to apply for hukou after living in Taiwan for a while
Instructions for applying for Registered Permanent Residence as a Taiwan National without household registration who has met the required period of residence/continuous residence

This is just if your(applicant’s) parent was a national with hukou at your birthtime.
Instructions for Application to Register Permanent Residence as a Taiwan National Without Household Registration by Minors (Born Overseas)

After the amended Immigration Act will become effective, there won’t be the age limit for the third option.

1 Like

I read that minors do not need TARC, is that true?

you mean the third one?

At this moment, it is for

Overseas-born minor children of R.O.C. (Taiwan) nationals with registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area.

After a while, it will be for

Overseas-born minor children of R.O.C. (Taiwan) nationals with registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area.

I just saw somewhere online that they abolished the 365 days residency requirement in order to gain Hukou as an adult. Is that what you are referring to for the new law?

對於國人海外出生的子女持我國護照入國,取消申請定居的年齡限制。

入出國及移民法修正三讀 兼顧移民人權及社會安全

yes, it is.

the ammended law is not yet effective. they may need to ammend some related other laws.

1 Like

Tando i just want to ask if i understand correctly and you mean they need to proposed another law so that they can amend other related laws in this immigration act?
(they may need to ammend some related other laws)i just read only now in this topic that you have answered and im thinking why they didnt take effect that law until now